Garage door that looks like a book-case

26 Responses to “Garage door that looks like a book-case”

1. latelatelateshow says:

This garage door speaks volumes

2. Sean Russell says:

“I don’t have facebook” is the new “I don’t own a TV”

3. Christian Buggedei says:

The (to me) hilarious thing is, that my immediate thought process upon seeing the picture in my feedreader was: “Oh, nifty, a bookshelf garage door, must be a post by Cory.”

And sure enough, it is. :)

4. Dave Pease says:

disappointed these are painted.  real decorating professionals insist on maximum faux bookshelf authenticity.

5. efergus3 says:

From Germany, these aren’t cheap but are sweet. My favorites are Robot and Jet. https://www.style-your-garage.com/us/Garage-mural/ I swear, just as soon as I win the lottery.

6. mesocosm says:

It’s only a matter of time until something THIS awesome is found to be in violation of zoning laws, and ordered destroyed.

• Bad Juju says:

Frankly I’m surprised there’s a neighborhood in Southern California that doesn’t have a homeowners association which strictly outlaws this sort of thing.
      In the part of Orange County I lived in, the HOA Cops would be all over this within the week.

7. Mark Ebner says:

“I don’t have a Facebook account…” I copy-pasted that just so I could read it again, and laugh my ass off.

8. monkeygirl says:

I do have a Facebook account, and it is from Robert Crais’ page. According to him: “The door was commissioned by Lee Dembart, a former writer and book reviewer for the L.A. Times, who explained, ‘I love books. They’re my passion.’ (Don’t you just love the man?) The mural was painted by artist, Don Gray. You can see more of Mr. Gray’s amazing work on his website, here: http://www.dailyartwest.com/

9. MaTTLoughlin says:

Does a fake book have to be tugged on to open the door? Because that would be rad, despite the fact they are two dimensional.

10. drabkikker says:

Seriously? I get to be the first to make the obligatory Anne Frank joke? (I’m Dutch, so I’m allowed to.)