Makie dolls limited batch two for sale

13 Responses to “Makie dolls limited batch two for sale”

1. jandrese says:

The almost translucent white skin and doll proportions make these things look hella creepy.  Big dead doll eyes stare at you from beyond this realm.

• digi_owl says:

The article images seems less creepy than i recall them being when they were first announced. Either i am getting used to them, or the design has been tweaked.

• Bad Juju says:

Still creeping me out, over here. Can’t sleep, Puppetmaster will get me.

2. I really like these, and thought of buying one last time, but I ran into an issue. I wanted to replicate myself, and I have a girl body, and a boy wardrobe. (Genderqueer) I found you couldn’t cross dress your makie on the system. If I went with a female body, I got female clothing as options, and visa versa.

Really really cool idea, though.

ETA: Nevermind, I just checked, and it seems better than I remember. Might have to buy one.

3. noahmckinnon says:

These things have fang options right?

4. Preston Sturges says:

I can totally picture one of those things chasing Karen Black around her apartment with a steak knife.

5. Stefan Jones says:

Proof that is is possible to use too much sunblock.

6. Is it possible to have a bald headed option, for those who shave their heads?

7. I’ll be honest–I misread that as “Maakies” and was disappointed that this is not about a plush Drinky Crow.

8. L_Mariachi says:

Are they meant to be painted, like a Munny?

9. Agreed. They look possessed.

10. Makielab says:

Aforementioned wife here :D
    Yep, porcelain-white is the only colour plastic available at the moment; we’re working on that.
    Yep, you can have bald, in that they’re all bald under the wigs. Unglued option means the wig is removable. We’re working on “beards” and “fuzz”.
    Yep, you can cross-dress – either way. We don’t like pigeonholing.
    Fangs are coming for Hallowe’en, along with a ton of other stuff!
    Yep, they’re meant to be/can be painted, like a Munny! Although most purchasers at the moment seem to prefer plain (or don’t want to try).
    Yep, they can be creepy. It’s really easy to make Sadako :) But apparently “creepy” is also a pediophobia thing, or so BJD-collectors tell us. That said, the Cute Slider is also in development.

HTH. x

11. SamSam says:

I too was a little creeped, but I very much enjoyed the make-you-own system with sliders, and found that I was able to make one that matched my aesthetics much more closely, so A+ on that. Also, I am currently making 2-D dragons for an education game, and the game designer keeps submitting these creepy anime things that he assures me all the kids like these days, so it’s quite possible that my tastes just aren’t aligned with your target audience.

That said, I would imagine that an “eye size” slider would be a pretty easy thing to add, and was surprised not to see it. I guess it could be a good brand-identity thing to have them all share that in common, though.