Trailer for "Lawless" - movie about prohibition-era rural bootleggers

20 Responses to “Trailer for "Lawless" - movie about prohibition-era rural bootleggers”

1. SnortJr says:

Even The Time Machine?

2. never mind that it’s written by Nick Cave with music by Nick Cave & Warren Ellis (no not BB’s beloved W.E…. the Dirty Three version)

3. Daneel says:

Even old episodes of Neighbours?

4. wrecksdart says:

Am I the only one who’s thrilled to see Tom Hardy making movies that are worth a shite after watching his emasculation at the hands of the awful-for-so-many-reasons “This Means War”?

5. thatbob says:

Did you really think that one emasculating role in one awful movie would derail his entire career?  Every actor who has ever been in a good or great movie has also been in many bombs, turds, and mediocrities.

6. Just as a side note, I thought the “NSFW: boobies” warning was funny. The underlying subtext that murder, violence, and that damnably creepy tard-and-feathered guy are all safe for work, but god forbid we see a human breast. :)

7. pjk says:

Can we get some sort of restraining order to keep Shia LaBeouf from doing regional accents?

Other than that, looks great!

8. tré says:

Why does this remind me of Savages? Oh, right, because history is currently “rhyming” as Twain would put it.

9. wildbell says:

I’ll watch nothing with Shifty TheBeef in it. But I digress… Like Mark I am — or rather was — a watchanythingwithGuyPearce nut. Then I spun the suckass “Don’t Be Afraid Of The Dark” last week and after Pearce’s phoned-in performance, I’m cured.

10. stabitha says:

I despise Shia LeBeouf for being slimy, but will overlook this for Nick Cave’s involvement. All in.

11. Neo Displacer says:

I have a bit of white liquor from back at the old homestead in Burnt Chimney that’s been laying down a spell. Might take a nip in honor of Franklin County making it onto a big city publication and into a picture show.

12. Halloween_Jack says:

I don’t know that I would have recognized Pearce if you hadn’t mentioned him–he’s deliciously creepy here. And it’s a great cast all around.

13. My LaBeouf detector is crackling.  I’ll watch this when my occipital lobes have been eaten by malevolent worms.