Zombie Disney princesses fell under a scarier, less glamorous spell than usual

21 Responses to “Zombie Disney princesses fell under a scarier, less glamorous spell than usual”

1. Brainspore says:

Why they haven’t made a zombie princess movie is beyond me.

Technically not a princess, but Corpse Bride kind of fits the bill. (That one was produced by Warner Bros., though.)

2. Tchoutoye says:

Like the originals they parody, see one and you’ve seen them all.

3. Boundegar says:

Little Mermaid is still hot.

• Brainspore says:

She’s SIXTEEN, you sicko.

(But there’s a brief shot of her bare tuckus if you freeze-frame right at the end of the “Poor Unfortunate Souls” scene.)

• milkman says:

And if all sixteen year olds looked like her [from the waist up], they’d change the laws.

• benher says:

Because we all know that the magical mystical sex-ok age is 18 in every culture and country known to humanity. It is as univeral as the Planck Constants. In fact, this constant is used in the construction of all modern atomic clocks and has since replaced “42″ as the answer for Life the Universe and everything. Only those who are truly “sick” would disagree.

• Brainspore says:

Dang, I forgot the [/joke] tag again.

But seriously, if you’re well into adulthood you probably shouldn’t be banging 16-year-0lds. Just sayin’.

4. i didn’t know boob enhancement was part of the zombie transformation.

• gsilas says:

I was going to write that it clearly reflects the changing image of beauty, that the princesses were drawn as surgically enhanced (ahem, Cinderella).  But then I decided that it was probably intentional, and a subtle jab at Disney.
      Just like with jazz music, it’s always best to first assume that the artist knows what they’re doing, then start appreciating from there.

• Brainspore says:

Maybe those are just festering gas pockets from the decomposition process.

5. Ashley Yakeley says:

Muscle and guts exposed, but nipples chastely covered.

6. miasm says:

I have the weirdest boner right now.

• benher says:

Are there bones poking through the side?

• miasm says:

really there is a whole nether-world of Burroughsian descriptors to explore here but I dare not venture too far into it. The maps are infamously inaccurate. What with the skin peeling and the turgid lips and oh!

7. While I’m sure horror versions of Disney princesses is probably a pretty common thing, thought of doing some myself, I just feel I have to point out this other DA artist has been doing what he calls “Twisted Princesses” longer and maybe bit better (though I’m not a huge fan of either artist. [Edit to point out that not being a fan doesn't mean I don't think they're good. They both are. Better than me for sure. Just not my thing for some reason]) http://jeftoon01.deviantart.com/gallery/11344500. What I did like is that his weren’t all just zombies. He tried to come up with something different for each one and some sort of backstory.

I’m not saying these aren’t good. I’m not saying anyone took anyone else’s idea. I’m just saying, if you like these pictures you might also like this other guy’s work too.

8. Guest says:

ALERT: It’s unfortunate that this artist actually steals work from other artists. Notably Rob Sacchetto from ZombiePortraits.com, who was just featured here on Boing Boing a couple of days ago. Want proof? Check this out:

Rob’s is on the left.

• Guest says:

Here’s the image for those who don’t want to click through. Rob’s is on the left. Ironic he was just featured here. There are notes on his Deviant art that indicate this isn’t the first time.