Interview with the creator of Gravity Falls, Disney Channel's fun new cartoon

24 Responses to “Interview with the creator of Gravity Falls, Disney Channel's fun new cartoon”

1. Bersl says:

An original toon, on Disney Channel?

Two seasons max.

(Sorry for the unbridled skepticism. Please prove me wrong, Disney.)

2. ObeyMyBrain says:

I sat in a panel at Comic-con 2011, waiting for the following one,  it was for a cartoon which they showed one of the episodes. It was a twilight parody about a girl wishing a boy was a vampire. It turned out he wasn’t a vampire but was something else. It was hilarious. Every so often I remember it and wonder what show it was. Thanks for letting me know. :)

3. MaximumOvertroll says:

Who cares about phineas and ferb!?
    Who cares about the grapling hook!?
    Why do Stan, Soos, Li’l Gideon and his dad have FIVE fingers!?
    Why do #2 and #3 have SIX fingers!?
    Where is #1 and are there more than 3 books!?

YOU BLEW IT MAN!!!

Ya blew it… Great Job.

4. haineux says:

Paul Robertson is amazing. Note: Much of his art is not safe for work.

Here’s one place to find some: http://probertson.livejournal.com

5. Chuk says:

It’s pretty good so far — my youngest watches it.

6. fredges says:

Pac NW? “Mystery Shack”? Somebody has been to “Ye Olde Curiosity Shop” on Seattle’s waterfront… :)

7. TwilightNewsSite says:

Glad to hear we aren’t the only ones with our TV (apparently) hard-wired to Disney Channel.

8. Stefan Jones says:

I totally love this ‘toon.

I turned my 13 and 15 year old nieces on to it when they visited last month. They’re Disney Channel addicts, but only of those horrible hip-teen-girl comedies. It never occurred to them, apparently, to watch Gravity Falls.

The whole Zombie Boyfriend thing hooked them. The gnome barfing rainbows sealed the deal.
    * * *
    Oregon has, or had, a Mystery Spot tourist trap. I’m not sure if it is still in operation. I wonder if Hirsch was inspired by it.

9. theophrastvs says:

“Gravity Falls” has much much better writing than industry average.  The subtle offhand jokes are delightful (i’m assuming the sproglings don’t even know who the hell Larry King is).  …and for-gawk-sakes don’t let it be cancelled before the “3″ on the six fingered hand is explained.

and what’s with that giant “Wendy” on the right-side of the promo scene at the top of this article? “*all* will be revealed!” ok fine.

10. cubby96 says:

I have watched from the beginning (hat tip to Superpunch), and it’s a great show.   Goofy enough and with enough references to keep an adult engaged, but not so highbrow that a kid can’t enjoy it too (presumably – no kids in my house).  Loads of interesting little details have been revealed so far that appear to be heading for a season- or series-long arc.  I’ll keep watching as well.

11. lafave says:

As an adult cartoon watcher, I can attest to GFs awesomeness.

12. Dan says:

The random letters on the right side of the image are a substitution cypher that says (spoiler alert): “STAN IS NOT WHAT HE SEEMS”

13. Dean Putney says:

Kristen Schaal needs to voice like… all the cartoon characters. She and Jon Benjamin should just have a show where they voice like forty characters each, all with the same voice.