Cookie Monster as Batman

13 Responses to “Cookie Monster as Batman”

1. heligo says:

That was annoying. It just made me want to watch the film again. Think i’ll watch it tonight and pretend Rises doesn’t exist :)

• heligo says:

I watched TDK recently and didn’t find his voice too distracting at all (unlike the first viewing). It’s necessary for him to change his voice to complete the disguise.

• copperwatt says:

Sure but… in that case why does he keep using the voice while talking to people who know is real identity? *SPOILER* This happens several times in TDKR, and I have no idea how catwoman keeps a straight face once she knows, and knows he knows she knows.

• retepslluerb says:

Haven’t seen the movie yet, but staying in character seems like a good habit to me in this case.  It’s like doing a pre-launch check by the list, even if you have that memorised or  turning off the breaker if you do work on a lamp, even if you switched it off and the like.

2. I absolutely loved this, I was laughing so hard, everyone was looking at me.  Thank you for this post.

3. galileo says:

Was it Cookie Monster doing the voice of Batman or … Tom Waits?
    I’m so confused.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5X4N2exOsU

4. lecti says:

And Kenny is Bane.

5. garyg2 says:

Tempted to say I enjoyed that more than any of the films (kinda with David Cronenberg on superhero movies…)

6. From Fernando F. Croce’s spot on review of The Dark Knight, Why so Pretentious:

“To be fair, The Dark Knight did provide the most chilling moment I have had at the movies all summer. I giggled at the ridiculous growl Bale employed from under his Batman mask, and was readily met with death stares from my neighboring viewers: Holy Mass had been violated.  Please. Dude dresses like a bat, and suddenly cinema at long last fulfills its potential? It’s bad enough when rabid fanboys become so prissy  about the film’s “awesomeness” that they fuse into one huge, fat-assed Comic Book Guy declaring “Worst critic ever!” at any questioning review; it’s doubly depressing when the critics themselves swallow the hype machine’s baby food and call it caviar for the ages.” http://www.cinepassion.org/Archives/DarkKnight.html

7. Tim Drage says:

Pretty much the only thing that got me through The Dark Night Rises was the fact that Bane has the vocal delivery of Dr. Sanchez from Darkplace:

Don’t mention it.

8. grimatongueworm says:

Cookie Monster – Origin of om nom nom.

9. benher says:

The last 3 seconds were the payoff for me.