Water wigs: frozen instants of water dashed on the heads of bald guys

11 Responses to “Water wigs: frozen instants of water dashed on the heads of bald guys”

1. Mark Roberts says:

Lasers, huh? Look at the main image – tthe water to the right of the guys mustache, all the way to the bottom of the photo… One of the worst examples of photoshop cloning I’ve seen in a long while.

2. Marios P. says:

i imagine they used balloons. Very creative!

3. Rider says:

I’s like to see these duplicated in actual super slow motion.  Think there might be a bit to much photo manipulation in these.

4. vonbobo says:

2 links actually state:
    “We just finished shooting a new project we call Water Wigs. The concept is simple and it is another visual exploration of something new and totally different. We found a bunch of awesome bald men and hurled water balloons at their heads, to capture the explosion of water at various intervals. The result a new head of of water hair! We used a laser and sound trigger to capture the right moments for each subject to create just the head of hair that fit best with the face. “

5. Rich Keller says:

I’ll just leave this here and skulk away.

6. Robert Cruickshank says:

Looks like the “mohawk” ones were done with balloon-animal balloons. (Although I’m having trouble believing that squared-off front in the one in the post.)

7. cdh1971 says:

Wow…how ever did this sneak past the experimental ethics committee?

• cdh1971 says:

My dear Pussy,

I disagree with your implied criticism that the committees governing human research subjects allow questionable experiments to “sneak past.”

In fact, this is a fine proof that the research ethics committees are working as designed.

Besides, the subjects pictured look like pipe-fitters, custodians, sanitation workers and grammar school teachers. Participating in a worthwhile scientific endeavour makes them feel quite uplifted I’m sure.