9 Responses to “Upcoming episode of Gravity Falls features animation by Paul Robertson (episode clip)”

1. Stefan Jones says:

Great show. I was hooked the moment a gnome vomited a rainbow.

2. gedsudski says:

We love it too but it seems really out of place on Disney.

• theophrastvs says:

There have been a couple of exchanges that had me checking the channel again.  For example:

Gideon’s dad: Would you like some coffee? It’s imported all the way from Columbia.
      Grunkle Stan: Ooooh, I went to jail there once.

Gravity Falls is great!  may it run for many many seasons.

• sarahnocal says:

It’s complete lack of female characters seems pretty Disney to me.

• trogdorian1 says:

There’s mabel and the redheaded gal dipper likes and mabel’s ‘rival.’. i mean, it’s a small show with a lot of one off characters, its not Twin Peaks yet.

• Chip says:

Of the five main characters importent enough to make the opening credit sequence, two are female.  One of which is arguably the co-lead, and has already had a few episodes revolve directly around her.  As a children’s show, none of the characters are particularly “deep”, but they’ve probably developed Mabel in more depth than any of the others.  Overall, I think the show is pretty fair and gender-neutral.

3. AwesomeRobot says:

I’ve been following Paul’s artwork for a while and it’s really great to see him completely blowing up over the past few years!

4. Ruth Bazinet says:

My kids and I love this show! We don’t often watch television as a family (or much at all) but this is one that brings us together for a half hour of laughs. It’s not surprising the level of talent they’re bringing in to make this multi-layered magic happen.