36 Responses to “The best quotes from Heathers that perfectly describe Bravo's planned reboot of Heathers

1. “There are no stupid questions.”

“Should we do a Heathers reboot?”

“Wow, that’s the stupidest question I’ve ever heard. “

2. Comrade7 says:

Doesn’t relate to the reboot but my favorite was always “I love my dead gay son!”

When I was 15, I thought it was so clever that the two best friends were referencing Betty/Veronica and Tom Sawyer/Huckleberry Finn.  I guess I still do.

3. Jellodyne says:

OK, now I’m looking forward to the Pump Up the Volume series on MTV2.

4. absimiliard says:

Wow, I can’t believe someone would reboot this.  Don’t get me wrong, Heather’s might well be the favorite movie for my wife and I.  The cynical, brilliant, dialog has colored our communications down through the years.  There is to this day very little I can ask that sounds like “Why do I do this thing?” that she won’t respond to with “Because you’re an idiot”.

But just wow.

-abs can’t believe that no one at Bravo thought “Hey, maybe making a movie about a serial murderer in school isn’t such a great idea.”, after all, does anyone really believe this movie would’ve been made/shown in a post-Columbine world, REALLY?

5. Ditto — “It’s one thing to want someone out of your life, but it’s another thing to serve them a wake-up cup full of Liquid Drano. Yeah, rebooting a show about a deranged teenager who wants to blow up his school — no one will be offended or outraged by that one

6.  Where is my red scrunchie?

7. wendyjoy says:

I LOVED MY DEAD GAY SON!

8. Reverend Loki says:

“Eskimo”

9. Dan Baker says:

I think I heard there was an Alf movie and/or reboot on the way. I still need to see Heathers, though. I heard the original screenplay writer talking on a panel once, funny guy. I wonder what he thinks of this.

Anyway, I had to laugh at this because we just posted something similar on our blog this morning: http://macedoniafilms.com/economics-and-remaking-the-classics/ Hopefully this remake frenzy dies down soon.

10. CliffordS says:

Save your speeches for Malcolm X.

11. Jaime Natoli says:

How very.

12. Don’t forget – “You want to fuck with the eagles (Bravo), you have to learn to fly.”

13. Pants, who needs pants when she’s in the house!

14. niktemadur says:

I’ve lived in Dallas, Vegas, Baton Rouge, Sherwood Ohio, there’s always been a Snappy Snack Shack to pop a ham-and-cheese into the microwave or feast on a Turbo Dog.  Keeps me sane.

May have missed a couple of details on the quote, but close enough from memory.

15. Hey Bravo, sit and spin!  [flips the bird]

16. garyg2 says:

I don’t think ‘serial killer in a school’ will necessarily damn it, TV always reflects/references real life events (suicide bombers in BSG or Homeland for example)

I think it’s more the fact that it was kind of a trail blazer, maybe the first inkling of generation x in the mainstream? (help me out here cultural historians :))

So a reboot is pretty irrelevant, we’ve had over twenty years of tv influenced by Heathers and it’s themes, what else can it add?

17. dethbird says:

who the hell keeps hiring nostalgic, talentless hacks?? … oh yea other talentless hacks

18. Radiodiffusion Internasionaal says:

I have a sudden urge for pâté…

19. jeligula says:

And here I am, completely out of Ichlugge bullets.

20. Steven Kreuch says:

Eskimo.

21. My Ocean says:

Great pate, mom, but I gotta motor if I wanna be ready to avoid watching on Bravo.

22. Quiche de Resistance says:

Lick it up, boingers.  Lick.  It. Up.

23. Lemoutan says:

Yes but will it be done in modern dress?

24. Call me when the shuttle lands

25. cramerica says:

Heather Duke: Bravo. Brav-o.

26. Preston Sturges says:

This is one of those movies that introduce to a your teen and say “This is story with a moral – don’t have sex with the cue serial killer!”

27. Preston Sturges says:

“Teenage suicide – Don’t do it!”