Major Lazer's "Get Free" (featuring Amber Coffman)

9 Responses to “Major Lazer's "Get Free" (featuring Amber Coffman)”

1. comma splice says:

Great track. I am excited to hear an LP from Major Lazer 2.0 (the first incarnation was Diplo + Switch).

Back in 2009, Diplo and Switch put together an excellent Major Lazer essential mix for BBC Radio 1: http://soundcloud.com/a-ketch/major-lazer-switch-diplo-essential-mix-25-07-2009-1

2. Torrance Doucheton says:

Dang, forthcoming in Feb 2012–a newly-delayed release date.  My brain feels like I just looked at a laser for way too long and it fried my personal space-time continuum.

3. noah django says:

if you want to have fun, go see him live.  completely off-the-chain.  bananas.

4. EffEcks says:

Major Lazer is Diplo and Switch not just Diplo.

5. glassboard says:

Major Lazer live at the Snowball Music Festival in March in Avon, CO was one of the best sets of the entire weekend. Very easy to keep warm in 20 degree weather when you’re dancing so hard!

6. MollyMaguire says:

I don’t even…in what part of the country, nay, world was this filmed? This is like Divine Horsemen meets Fast and Furious.

• noah django says:

i swear I saw the flag in there but I can’t find it now, my connection went all laggy. anyway, it’s Jamaica.

edit: jamaican flag is the last image after the “get free” rock etching if vimeo isn’t fucking up on you like it was me a minute ago. but it’s pretty obvious if you follow dancehall culture. the women dancing doing headstands against those bassbins may as well be them showing their jamaican passports.

7. Itsumishi says:

Well that and the amazing jerk chicken I ate last night has made me really want to visit Jamaica in the near future.