Hot Wheels corkscrew jump with real car

24 Responses to “Hot Wheels corkscrew jump with real car”

1. Snig says:

It made me irrationally happy that the ramps were colored orange.

2. Paul Renault says:

3. ROSSINDETROIT says:

This is superbadass. Thanks for making me feel 9 years old for a minute there.

4. Ed Ligget. Tuba. says:

Psh. Not only did they do this almost 40 years ago in The Man with the Golden Gun, but they landed it more solidly than this too.

5. Michael D says:

Coming back from a trip one day in the southern part of Chicago I saw a semi-truck that had attempted this in a construction zone, one wheel in the traffic lane, the other going up the concrete ramp wall they’d laid for an off-ramp. He’d only gotten half-way up, though stalling with his truck and trailer hanging there in the air at a 45 degree angle.

Think what he could have done with a running start in the desert!

6. BogBot says:

While I can’t remember there being any corkscrews, this reminded me of playing Stunt Car Racer.

Oh, and what PaulR said!

• ocker3 says:

Of course, the question of why anyone would build something at an angle like that doesn’t appear. Nor does the Really weird sound effect, that was actually in the movie itself

• Itsumishi says:

I hate to ruin your party, but I believe the idea was that the strange twisted ramp used to be a bridge, however being made of wood and being old, most the bridge has given way, leaving the remaining a twisted hunk of corkscrew jumpin’ fun (boy).

• ocker3 says:

Yeah, but you can easily see that it’s constructed to be that shape, they didn’t try and make it look collapsed, just rickety and old. Poor overall prop construction imo, at least compared to other Bond films

7. Shaedo says:

“Jeepers, why not ONE regular, normal-speed, non-stop, single-viewpoint take? Is the feat so lame that they have to make sure you don’t have one?” YES YES YES. I want to see the stunt! NOT some lame splicing together of camera angles!

8. noah django says:

golly, i could tell that was a cool stunt by how extreme the music was, and how heavily edited it was.

9. Michael Ryzewic says:

This needs to be a Groupon.

10. I wonder what the engine sounded like. Also, no POV?

I feel bad for dissing on this, because it’s a cool idea (if not the first), but I agree with the comments about editing and music as well.

11. leebenningfield says:

Chevy did this with a modified Sonic

This video even has a normal-speed shot of the whole jump. The landing looks a little bit rougher.