Newsweek is America’s #1 magazine for trolls

21 Responses to “Newsweek is America’s #1 magazine for trolls”

1. RedShirt77 says:

Yeah, MPR gave me a fee subscription with my membership, wouldn’t allow me to refuse.  I never opened one in an entire year.

2. Man, I felt like that when my schwarma wrap was too spicy!

• EH says:

It’s true: you can’t have a real shawarma without mango-avocado salsa. Some places try to take a shortcut, but as you’ve found out, they rarely get it right.

• BillStewart2012 says:

I liked this one by ALI DZA ‏@DZA13
      Having to balance my checkbook in Roman numerals because Arabic numerals are illegal in parts of Arizona, #MuslimRage

3. Mike Robinson says:

I worked at Newsweek during the “Is your baby racist” cover. Believe it or not, that’s the last second replacement. The original had a baby in a KKK outfit, which fortunately was pulled for being just a plain bad idea.

4. Deidzoeb says:

Where does Wired fall on the troll mag rankings, with their occasional pronouncements that THE WEB IS DEAD, THE END OF SCIENCE and SCREW THE SPOTTED OWL, GO NUCLEAR?

5. Dear Newsweek Magazine,

Is this the same as the Fighting Irish?
    Yours,

JDS

6. oldtaku says:

This is probably related: http://www.mrweb.com/drno/news12280.htm

Basically, they know what sells, and that’s all that matters. Wired does it too, as Deldzoeb noted.

But instead of trolling nerds, Newsweek, and most of the major TV channels, are in the even more lucrative business of trolling mothers, who are the most neurotic things on earth (though that’s a chicken and egg issue). LADIES, what’s killing your precious children this week?

Also, here’s a much better link for the original that won’t make you go through a slide show: http://www.uproxx.com/webculture/2012/09/15-hilariously-alarmist-newsweek-covers/?showall=true

7. saint_al says:

/quit taking Newsweek seriously before graduating High School. They’re a sinking ship, on fire.

8. Brainspore says:

News? Weak.

9. Sam Smith says:

But how else would the radical priest come to get me released?

10. cjporkchop says:

RE: The “Young Wives With Brains– Babies Yes, But What Else?” cover:

It took me a few to figure out what the safety pin signified.

• Chentzilla says:

And the ФВК thing? Why is it marked in Cyrillics?

• SamSam says:

Damn internet, not sure if you are trolling us…. Hint: it’s not Cyrillic.

• Chentzilla says:

No trolling here, I’m just coming from different culture (hint: I took Greek letters for Cyrillics).
          Your hint actually helped, but just half-way: now I know that this thing is somehow related to college fraternity, right?

• SamSam says:

No problem then — it just so happens that Phi Beta Kappa is an academic honor society of the top people in a university’s graduating class. So in another context, it would have been a classic tongue-in-cheek comment to pretend not to know what it is. Like I said, I just didn’t know if you were joking or not!

There is no reason anyone outside the US should know what it is (and probably most people in the US don’t know what it is), and of course, the Cyrillic characters are the same as the Greek ones.

• Antinous / Moderator says:

Δ Δ Δ,
            Can I help ya, help ya, help ya?

11. benher says:

Gasp! They all look so angry!!… bearded and angry!!

12. urbanspaceman says:

Hey! They forgot the recent issue of Newsweek about sex addiction!

13. Quiche de Resistance says:

OK they are just plain trolling us with the M. Night Shyamalan cover.