Drop everything now, watch this video of a panda being born at the National Zoo

22 Responses to “Drop everything now, watch this video of a panda being born at the National Zoo”

1. FYI videos don’t seem to be showing up on my iPad anymore. Are you guys using a different embed link to before? As pre-redesign I didn’t have any trouble at all. It seems like the HTML5 vids aren’t being served?

Ps the Vimeo vid further down shows up fine. So this seems to be just YouTube vids.

2. vonbobo says:

we may be able to replace “watch paint dry” with “watch giant panda being born”.

I time warped through it.. did I miss something?

3. Nash Rambler says:

Ron Burgundy: Let’s go to Brian Fantana who’s live on the scene with a Channel 4 News exclusive. Brian?

Brian Fantana: Panda Watch. The mood is tense; I have been on some serious, serious reports but nothing quite like this. I uh… Ching… King is inside right now. I tried to get an interview with him, but they said no, you can’t do that he’s a live bear, he will literally rip your face off. Hey, you’re making me look stupid. Get out here, panda jerk!

Ron Burgundy: Great story. Compelling, and rich.

4. avicia says:

in the interview with the keepers, they only know because they hear the baby panda squeaking after it’s born. Panda pregnancy and birth is subtle. I don’t think even the keepers will get a good look at it for month or so. But still –BABY PANDA! I don’t know what it is about them, BABY PANDA!

5. RaleighSaintClair says:

Drop everything and do nothing.

6. voiceinthedistance says:

The video reminds me of Chekov’s The Cherry Orchard, but without all the action and plot twists.

7. Robert Cruickshank says:

Why is it in black and white? Oh wait….
    (Glad I didn’t have to use the line “…and red all over”, but I had it ready)

8. avraamov says:

seems to me that too many people drop everything for these particular animals. the chinese government treat them better than people. time to redirect some of those resources to some other species.

9. chgoliz says: