Robotic Lego ball contraption to beat them all

21 Responses to “Robotic Lego ball contraption to beat them all”

1. Snig says:

My mom asked my brother what my nephew wanted for the holidays, and he told her the “Earth Defense Lego” set.  “But they have so many legos, why do they need another set?”  “They have a lot, but not enough to reliably defend Earth.”

2. disillusion says:

Well, if the person just works out the kinks in the system so none of the balls get stuck like what I was seeing from time to time, we just might have a new way to do the Lottery.

3. Cactaur says:

Set the audio to an extended Futurama theme.

4. The only possible way to improve this video is for someone more technically adept than I to replace the original soundtrack with Raymond Scott’s POWERHOUSE.

5. kmoser says:

What I find most amazing is that none of the modules get backed up with too many balls to handle at once.

• Glen Able says:

Agreed.  I’d happily sit and watch for another hour or so if there was a video showing the effect of the batteries running low on each module, and it becoming overloaded.

• benher says:

Watch the video from start to finish. Almost every module has some sort of a return/backup/holding area so that it doesn’t matter if a certain amount of balls get backed up. The first and last components had the largest “reserve” area.
      It is not only amazing that balls mostly continue as expected, but that there are so many safety nets in place per each piece. It may be subtle, but it’s all there.

6. nixiebunny says:

Translation: “Get this person a job designing a ball factory. “

7. Boundegar says:

And that, son, is how babies are made.

8. Doc_S says:

I think I just nerdgasm’d.

9. tlwest says:

Somehow I feel that this is the work of someone who designs industrial processes for a living.

Sort of like programmers who finish their day job to go home an work on open-source projects in their free time.

10. Kimmo says:

Damn, I have the spare time… wish I had the Lego.

11. atteSmythe says:

In my mind, this is how all packing and sorting facilities work.

12. bcsizemo says:

I want to know the price for all that…cause I suspect it ain’t cheap.

13. Can’t decide if they had too much time on their hands, or just enough….

14. noah django says: