LovePalz teledildonic sex toy

21 Responses to “LovePalz teledildonic sex toy”

1. ObeyMyBrain says:

Here are some arguments by reddit user ShrimpCrackers as to why this is probably a scam:

This smells fishy to me, here’s why:

1) I’ve met these two briefly at a mixer in Taipei a couple weeks ago and their names and majors are not what was said in the video. This is what got me suspicious. I checked Facebook and unmistakably they are friends of friends. Can confirm with moderators if needed.

2) Sex toys are usually expensive and have to be very hygienic so a quality sex toy is much more than just $50, yet LovePalz is supposed to do so much more for so cheap? A quick Google search for teledildonics and other computer controlled sex toys shows the starting price is in the hundreds.

3) They were rejected by Kickstarter but nowhere is it specified why. Kickstarter has other sex related products in there, no? Worse, all LovePalz has so far is mock ups and sketches but they’re gonna start to deliver in two months? Really!?

4) It says the product is by Winzz and that they’ve made other mobile applications. The video says 8 years of mobile app experience (iPhone was out for only 6 years). There is no apps by the company to be found on iTunes or the App Store yet suddenly they’re going to make a wireless sex device as well as a complicated video iPhone app with no prior experience? Apple is skittish enough as is, how is LovePalz’ corresponding app ever going to get approved?

Yeah, I’d hold on to my wallet for now.

2. Jen Onymous says:

Lately Kickstarter has rejected some truly great ideas on the grounds that said projects are just “selling a product,” which I never quite got, because so many other projects seem just like that.

3. Quiche de Resistance says:

Wanks with Friends

4. Frank Diekman says:

I’m just glad the the word “teledildonics” is back in use.

5. Guido Núñez-Mujica says:

In five years, the penis will be obsolete.

6. Robert Cruickshank says:

Wait ’till they get the maps of the erogenous zones working properly in iOS 6. That’s my advice.

7. Nioui says:

Someone has to mention the fufme:

8. RedShirt77 says:

Just wait until they merge with Chat roulette.

9. Henry Pootel says:

Might I suggest…

Kinkstarter?

10. Jeff AhPook says:

Dickstarter, of course.

11. I think it’s a really great idea, and I would love to see more of this kind of thing hit the market. Mostly because I would get both and fuck myself… Though, an above poster did bring up some valid doubts of this specific project.

12. Boundegar says:

I wonder what would happen if you inserted the one into the other, and then feed back the controls…?

13. Brad Bell says:

Kickstarter changed their policies in the past week to discourage product startups, as they argue it’s not the place for it. It’s meant to be a tool to fund creative projects for perks in a donor relationship, not pre-sell products in a consumer relationship.
    http://boingboing.net/2012/09/21/kickstarter-re-commits-to-idea.html Obviously a separate site is necessary for product startups. Speaking as a Glif funder, I think this site would be more valuable. Glif reference: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/danprovost/glif-iphone-4-tripod-mount-and-stand

14. BarBarSeven says:

Look out holiday shoppers! This ain’t your Grandma’s teledildonical device!

15. teapot says:

These devices have been conceived of – and manufactured – for a while now:

16. noah django says:

in ’89, there was a humor book published called “The 90′s, A Look Back” which was a mock digest of the notable events of the 90s as if it had been written in 2000.  In this tome, these devices were presaged, and yes, the name of the manufacturer was “Teledildonics.”  The first?

17. Andreas Beer says:

they found a solution for a very difficult problem – go and fuck yourself.