Bond 50: The Complete 22 Film Collection

23 Responses to “Bond 50: The Complete 22 Film Collection”

1. Is there a discount available if you don’t want the Brosnan era?

• grimc says:

I maintain that had Brosnan been allowed by the Remington Steele people to be Bond during the 80s instead of the 90s, his Bond would be remembered a lot more fondly.

• Daneel says:

Brosnan was fine. Like Connery and Moore before him, the law of diminishing returns applied and the later efforts were weaker than the early ones. Goldeneye is one of the best of the whole series, and Tomorrow Never Dies is a solid mid-table effort. Brosnan’s rep is tarnished because Die Another Day was so goddamn awful. Likewise, Moore gets a bad rap because of the piss-poor Octopussy and A View To A Kill (my first cinema Bond!), but Live and Let Die and The Spy Who Loved Me are right up there.

I really liked Dalton. And I still think Rufus Sewell should have got the gig instead of Daniel Craig.

2. Keith Melton says:

Every ‘Double-oh’ from all of the James Bond films (Never Say Never again is there, but the first Casino Royale isn’t)

As for this set, I do like that they included space in the box for Skyfall to go next year.

3. Thad Boyd says:

Of course, “complete” is arguably a misnomer because the set doesn’t include Casino Royale or Never Say Never Again which were independent productions apart from the official series.

But what about Operation Double 007?

4. retepslluerb says:

Incomplete. “Our Man Bashir” is missing…

5. M Carlson says:

Austin Powers made so much more sense after I watched Thunderball.

6. My wife and I were considering watching them all in order over the next few weeks, until we remembered this would require us to watch “Octopussy” and “Die Another Day”. Um, no.

7. planettom says:

From the U.K.’s Sky channel:  All the James Bonds edited together in one 90-second car chase:

8. Bloo says:

Does it include covers of the music, such as:
    this one by the Skatalites?

9. We received our set last night. We’re looking forward to diving in tonight (I think my lovely wife is going to choose “On Her Majesty’s Secret Service”), and I’m optimistic the presentation is going to be excellent.

However, the packaging is driving me nuts. Its form factor bears no relationship to any other A/V packaging. It’s 11 inches wide by 7 inches high. We have no idea where to store it with the rest of our Blu-rays. I suspect the reason they did it was because a very wide package would look good in terms of having images of all six actors to play Bond arrayed on it. How nice for that designer.

10. k3nt says:

Which ‘casino royale’ is missing: the old one or the new one, or both?

11. Nota Sheep says:

One Casino Royale is in the set, the Daniel Craig one. Shame that the Woody Allen/David Niven one isn’t, it’s quite fun.