Fantastically detailed miniature replica of Katz's deli

11 Responses to “Fantastically detailed miniature replica of Katz's deli”

1. oasisob1 says:

I bet the guy just made a giant quarter, took it downtown and took some photos.

• magicdragonfly says:

Damn, I was hoping to make that comment, though I was really just wondering how long it took him to make that quarter.

2. Jesseham says:

Senda salami to your boy in the army!

3. onlymike says:

Even the miniature corned beef sandwich is going to be huuuuuuge.

4. mccrum says:

I know it’s not vintage for the client’s memories, but I kind of miss the sign for where Meg Ryan sat (will sit?  Time travel will have massive ramifications on language…). But he needs to get massive props just for the wall portraits alone.

5. Stefan Jones says:

That’s freakishly detailed, capturing the run-down glory of the place. An amazing project. I’m sure there are little bottles of Dr. Brown’s Cel-Ray Soda.

RE Get Ticket Here, Katz’s has a strange ordering system. You get a little blue punchcard as you enter. It has various dollar and cent denominations. When you order, you hand the ticket to the guy at the counter, who punches the total. You give that to the clerk and pay as you exit.

6. I’ll have what Polly Pockets is having. Also it would be rad if he’d follow it up with a working scale model of B and H

7. He’s good. I first met him in NY when I worked with his wife in the visual effects industry. Oddly enough when I moved to LA I worked with his wife again. She tells a funny story about the time she had to frame-by-frame optically retouch an overly nude Arnold in Terminator.

8. Jeff Brock says:

Not gonna be accurate unless there are miniature pushing and shoving customers being waited on by tiny little rude employees.
    I would eat something off the street before going in there again.  It’s like trying to have lunch in the middle of a soccer riot.

9. doggo says:

*Swoon* It’s miniature. It’s hyper-detailed.

For a guy who’s been in love with the Thorne Rooms his whole life, this is awesome!

10. Jemmy says:

My favorite part is the worn-through sign printed on the linoleum floor at the entrance. That brings me back…