Game of Thrones cosplay: a most excellent Daenerys Targaryen (photo)

21 Responses to “Game of Thrones cosplay: a most excellent Daenerys Targaryen (photo)”

1. Her name is Alicia Jalbert.

2. Aloisius says:

That’s funny, I had to stop watching that show after three episodes because I couldn’t deal with the fact that the actress had super super dark brown eyebrows and bleach blonde hair (I know it is shallow, but it broke the spell). If it had been this girl instead, I’d still be watching Game of Thrones.

3. realgeek says:

Uhm, what’s going on in the neck area?

• ocker3 says:

What, you mean the jewelry that looks like it’s made out of preserved tongues, or the slight bulge at the front of the throat?

People think Adams Apples are a masculine trait, but women have voiceboxes as well, they’re just not as pronounced. There are a few people with slightly noticeable Adams Apples that I can Assure you are actually women, like everything else, size matters

• Antinous / Moderator says:

It’s the shadow of her jaw across her neck.  Probably cast from one of those hand-held reflectors.

4. semiotix says:

This is a terrible Daenerys cosplay! She’s got all this… fabric of some sort swathed all over her, almost as though she were wearing clothing. That’s like putting a smurf hat on Han Solo–totally out of character. You might as well pose her next to a man in such a way as to suggest that their relationship was not based on incest, rape, or prostitution.

(I kid because I love. The HBO series, not cosplay, but yay for high-quality cosplay.)

5. Just a head’s up, Xeni. Fiora is actually from the short-film Assassins Creed: Ascendance, as well as the Facebook game Assassin’s Creed: Project Legacy. Assasin’s Creed 3 takes place in America during the Revolutionary War, so there are not too many Italian courtesans there. ;)

6. B E Pratt says:

Without knowing, I would have assumed that that was a still from the show…..

7. buddy66 says:

Good hands, Xeni!

8. Mark Burban says:

this weekend i’m photographer @ a ‘glam of thrones’ party.. it’s gonna be wild!

9. ocker3 says:

I love the photos, but the blonde guy is supposed to be Tyrion?? I’m all for creative re-interpretation (my favourite Batman-style cosplay photos are of a Slave-Lei-Harlequin and Jedi-Joker), but surely he’d make a better young Tywin Lannister!

10. Pat Eisel says:

Do these people do anything after the dressing up and posing? do they put on a little show or something? This cosplay thing has had me confused from the start. Used to be fun as a kid to dress in costume when it wasn’t Halloween, you know, Superman for the movie. I must be getting my fuddy-duddy on because this is all too serious. Which of course just brings me back around to ‘whatever floats your boat’!

11. He is Tywin Lannister… I know this group.