Weird cyberpunk game has pounding electronic soundtrack

14 Responses to “Weird cyberpunk game has pounding electronic soundtrack”

1. OtherMichael says:

I assume she’s filling in for somebody currently filling a swimming-pool.

2. Reminds me of Jeff Minter’s stuff like Metagalactic Llamas Battle at the Edge Of Time (
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcpmOxguf3c) and Revenge of the Mutant Camels (

3. Frank Diekman says:

You had me at “pounding electronic soundtrack”.

4. technobach says:

Is it weird that I find that music relaxing?

5. oasisob1 says:

Search for Cool Pizza in appstore doesn’t bring me this result. Maybe it’s not for US people, or maybe it’s not for ipod people, ipad people instead?

6. Matt Marchini says:

It’ll be out on Friday

7. ClintonD says:

Pizza, skateboards and cyberpunk. Remind anyone of Snow Crash?

8. IndexMe says:

This is why it is actually a disservice to write about an app, or a book, when the app or the ebook version aren’t available yet. No impulse buy! Not that I have an iPhone or was going to buy it but.. ;) I’m talking about buying digital copies. Not forgetting about it then being reminded buy a physical shop display and then buying.

This happened to me with Ian McDonald’s Be My Enemy too. After seeing it on BB, I read the first book of the series, and hearing it would be out soon read the first five chapters. I really wanted to buy the ebook, and even emailed the publisher (doesn’t sell ebooks). Well I see it is out now but I gave up and have read four books since then. I will probably read it one day, but it isn’t so urgent anymore.

Now that I think about it I did enjoy the series so far, so I’d like to recommend Ian McDonald, but I think BB might want to think twice about doing a story when it is not possible to actually buy the work at the exact time it is posted. As for that game? If I did have an iOS device I might have bought it for kicks even though I very seldom buy games. As it is, I won’t.

9. “Pounding”?  Hardly.  Quite catchy, though.

• Matt Marchini says:

That’s a cool video but had no influence on the design, I’ve never seen it before today. The style is combination of skate sticker art and early black and white Macintosh graphics. The video compression kind of screws it up, looks better on the phone. Speaking of which, the game is now out and free to download  http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cool-pizza/id541666625?mt=8

Snow Crash was definitely on my mind though.

10. This is, no doubt, what YT sees on her augmented reality glasses when she is surfing the freeways of the greater Los Angeles area.

11. Jen Onymous says:

Thank you, BB, for bringing this to my attention.  It’s tidbits like this–stuff that would otherwise fly under my radar–that makes this site so fantastic.