Thai Navy's "Gangnam Style" YouTube remake lands officers in hot water

25 Responses to “Thai Navy's "Gangnam Style" YouTube remake lands officers in hot water”

1. franko says:

aww, that was totally FUN! i can’t believe they got in trouble for that. i hope they regret making a big deal out of this. i think it says a lot when your soldiers can get together to do something fun like this with their downtime.

2. jaytkay says:

K-pop is in ur naval base

3. LinkMan says:

I don’t think anybody had an issue when the 22nd Company of the USNA did it.

4. Slartibartfatsdomino says:

I learned that the Thai Navy has no sense of rhythm.

5. Fred Sobotka says:

If there’s one place you really need unity, it’s in a unit.

6. Guido Núñez-Mujica says:

We live in a fucked up world. Had those men killed other men from a different country, they’d be getting promotions. They dance and cheer and they get punished.

Sometimes I despise humanity. Then I remember I am human myself.

ARGH.

• Culturedropout says:

I’m right with you.  Maybe we should look into species-reassignment surgery?

• Ian Wood says:

You’ve got to get somebody good. I mean really good. Even then you’re still likely to get your ass kicked in a 4th-sex restroom on S’ri Kando or some wretched nonsense like that. Non-hominds…they can just tell. Not fair, but true.

7. Mark Dow says:

The Vice Admiral officially apologized;
    “I admit that in some respects it may not be… But if anyone feels discontented or sees it as inappropriate, I apologise.”,
    but I’m betting he’s holding his head up high.

Admiral Surasak caps it off with “I will only warn them like brothers and there will be no punishment”. I’m hoping for a YouTube bootleg of that high fiving pep talk.

• Boundegar says:

A perfect example of the fake apology.  “I apologize if anybody (is asshole enough to be) offended.”  And I thought that was an American thing.

8. musesum says:

So, I just search for “thai prison gangnam” for the infamous thai prison dancers. Youtube video was blocked by Sony. WTF? Has Sony diversified into prison based entertainment?

9. SomeGuyNamedMark says:

They came dangerously close to putting themselves in a positive and human light.  Can’t have that now.

10. rattypilgrim says:

At first I thought I was watching the Village People.

11. peregrinus says:

I’m sure it’s the coincidence of enlarged and bouncing Thai military tummies and the US military’s complaint about unfit recruits that drove them to the naughty step. They lost face.  They really do look like a bunch of extras from  a mid-70s martial arts flick.

12. Bevin Avlier says:

I loved it! That was perfectly delightful, and put a huge grin on my face.  Needed it, too. Suffering from world’s worst flu!

13. It’s left right left left right left right right not just left right left right! GET IT RIGHT!

14. euansmith says:

At last, Top Gun is knocked off its perch as most homoerotic military movie.

15. Koocheekoo says:

Is that Twilight on one of the monitors at about 2:28?

16. sosumi says:

I think this might be the most fun these guys (and woman) have had in ages! Goofy or not, good for them. :)