19 Responses to “Poodle survives 11-mile ride trapped in car grill, after being hit by clueless driver”

1. The Tim says:

Similar to a story I read a few years ago on Snopes (complete with photos) of a coyote that was hit by a car, wedged into the grill in much the same way, and was not discovered until 600 miles later.

2. bolamig says:

East Providence.

3. cdh1971 says:

“Amateur”

–Mitt Romney

4. Not sure why the driver was regarded as clueless.  Little doggies getting hit by cars are the responsibility of their clueless owners, who screwed up and left them to roam the streets.

• Boundegar says:

Also, there is a bounty on poodles.

• Hanglyman says:

Perhaps because they somehow failed to notice a dog running into the street or the resulting impact, and kept driving for miles without even checking to see if the animal was hurt or their car was damaged? It’s hard to imagine how anyone could be oblivious to that unless they were literally asleep at the wheel.

• Beth says:

Everywhere else I’ve read this story, it’s been pointed out that the driver thought he hit the dog, stopped and looked, saw no evidence of the dog in the road and thought the dog made it across the street and ran away.

• Sparg says:

I agree.  I live in a rural area and drive through a rural area to get to work.  I remember looking at my grill and seeing a bluebird wedge there.  Bummed, though there was nothing I could do.

5. Robert says:

A puppy mill, you say? Perhaps the dog was trying to commit suicide. Poor dog.

6. Lyle Hopwood says:

Reminds me of this: http://articles.latimes.com/2002/mar/08/news/mn-31784
    (Warning: gruesome. That’s why I haven’t been able to forget it in the ten years since.)

7. Kimmo says:

Mitt Romney could not be reached for comment.

ZZZING!

8. awjt says:

Who would tie a dog to the roof of their car?  It can’t ride inside with the people?  WTF is that kind of thinking?

9. L_Mariachi says:

You might want to look up what “ad hominem” means. Hint: it’s not “random insult based on actual past actions.”

10. Cowicide says:

I got quite a chuckle from the Romney “comment”.  It’s even funnier now that I see that you’re upset about it.

11. travtastic says:

Unintended consequences. Little did he know that he would double the number of funny Mitt comments!