As a follow-up to today's news that Community's return to NBC would be delayed, we're now finding out that FX's Louie won't be back until the spring of 2014. Why, oh, why would this be happening to us? Louie C.K. tells us: "I want the show to keep getting better. I want it to keep being something that comes from somewhere fun and important... I used to shoot, promote and edit all at the same time in June and I think I can do better work if I spread things out." I say, if Louie C.K. needs to "spread out," let's buy him his own island so he can keep making his show awesome. Let's also be grateful that execs aren't forcing him into a box. (via Splitsider)

13 Responses to “Louie won't be back until 2014 because Louie C.K. wants it to be extra good”

1. Chentzilla says:

I thought the comedian’s name was Louis C.K., and Louie is just the show’s name.

2. shutz says:

Could it be that US TV execs are finally learning about British TV production patterns?  What’s next, seasons of just six kick-ass episodes, then a wait for more than a year before the next kick-ass batch of six episodes?

3. Navin_Johnson says:

If there’s a comedy show remotely as good as “Louie” that exists at this time, then I don’t know what it is. Do what you need to do Louis.

4. Andrew Chapman says:

Who the hell is ‘Louie C. K.’?

5. Jason's Robot says:

Yeah.  This season was pretty iffy, leaning towards just not good, imo.  I’m glad FX is letting him (maybe making him) take a breath or two.

•  Thank you Jason. I’ve battled my buddy on this. Last season, genius. This season, forced, overly odd, and depressing. I know it’s the angle of the show, but outside of his 12 yr old agent and the episodes with the talent developer I didn’t find much funny. The terrible blind dinner date, the crazy hipster chick. Man. The Miami episode was funny though.

6. Norman Wong says:

This season’s finale was one of the best episodes of any series that I’ve ever watched. He should take all the time he needs.