18 Responses to “Virtual comic book newsstand displays all the comics on the rack for any given month and year”

1. Mister44 says:

Wow – that brings back a lot of memories.

2. Wow, checked the month I was born and discovered Marvel published a comic apparently based on “2001: A Space Odyssey”, did everyone know about this already? Looks very interesting:  http://www.dcindexes.com/gallery/gallery.php?site=marvel&seriesid=4496

3. This is utterly fanfrakkintastic — many thanks and congratulations to all responsible parties!  One may indeed not be able to go home again, but now at least one can lurk outside and peek in the windows….

4. David Murphy says:

This is big publisher only stuff. Underground comics are missing.

5. Checked the year I was born. Had NO idea comic books like that were being sold then. Very cool. Thanks Boing Boing. Looking at that site could become addictive. The artwork is so cool :)

6. Halloween_Jack says:

Pretty neat–for mine, many of the Marvel titles are still in single or low double digits, and Kirby seems to be drawing four or five of them, although maybe he’s just doing covers for some of them (Ditko is still on Spider-Man). In the meantime, Curt Swan is drawing Superman about the same way that he would be two decades later.

7. Vanwall Green says:

Strange trip…Spiderman wasn’t around until a few more months, the Marvel revolution hadn’t happened yet, really. It was a fun ride for a seven-year old, to see things start and then change so massively in just a few years. Ditko was the only Spidey artist for me for years after. Kirby blew everything away, back then visually, too. DC was left behind in the dust, and never really caught up, I think, altho I had faves of theirs, too. I really loved Herbie Popnecker and Fatman comics.

8. JPhilipp says:

Love stuff like this. I also got a search for anything (including years) at Cover Browser, for instance, try http://www.coverbrowser.com/search?q=1977

9. Lynn Savage says:

Now, if only Comixology would package sets of digital comics in this way!

10. Mick Hamblen says:

Liked Kirby’s New Gods

11. Jim Eubanks says:

I like the 20-cent cover prices. I eventually had to give up comics due to rising prices and I still miss them.

12. The purpose of the internet has been fulfilled.

13. Kamandi! The postnuclear boy! Dang, I wish I could remember the name of his giant mutant grasshopper.

In retrospect this was probably not what I should have been reading at that age.