Iconic erotic film star Sylvia Kristel of ‘Emmanuelle’ dies of cancer at 60

11 Responses to “Iconic erotic film star Sylvia Kristel of ‘Emmanuelle’ dies of cancer at 60”

1. theophrastvs says:

RIP to the talented actress who ‘taught’ a young adolescent that the most erotic thing on earth is being the cause of a woman’s smile.

2. I remember seeing the Emmanuelle series in the early 90s.  The guys in my class would stay up very late on Saturday nights to watch Bleu Nuit, a soft-core Cinemax-esque block on TQS in Québec.

If nothing else, those movies taught me that a woman could smoke with her vajayjay.

3. vance_tam says:

lordie, lord, did I ever lust after that woman.

4. vonbobo says:

Sylvia helped open my eyes to a world that couldn’t be explained by my single mother, during a quick and confusing conversation. I am sad that Sylvia has gone through rough times just like the rest of us suffering from humanism, but I hope she appreciated all of her contributions, and it is just the media and a publisher that is capitalizing on the negatives.

• Xeni Jardin says:

She wrote the book herself.

• Christopher says:

Proving that she was more than just a pretty face.

• vonbobo says:

The publisher of Sylvia’s book had an interest in the content- more dirt sells more copies. The cover and the title also convey this message. But my point is that I want to celebrate Sylvia’s accomplishments and her impact on the worldwide society, not give her pity for the typecasting or any of the other more common human conditions she found herself in.
        Of course I know this is serving my own selfish needs so anyone is welcome to shrug and roll eyes.

5. Petzl says:

How fondly I remember attending opening night of her first movie, tackily billed as “a young girl’s strange, erotic journey from Milan to Minsk.”

6. Stephan says:

There goes my puberty …

7. Ladyfingers says:

Let’s all raise a crusty sock to the memory of Sylvia Kristel.

8. Amadan CBEB says:

Soon to be made the Patron Saint of Repetitive Strain Injury.