Andrea Seabrook's DecodeDC

15 Responses to “Andrea Seabrook's DecodeDC”

1. petertrepan says:

I picked up on it when they started using the “Democrat Party” phrase, and I’m upset to see that Democrats have started using it as well.

• awjt says:

Yeah, we’ve been had.

• Sagodjur says:

Solution: Break off a new party that abandons the flaws of the Democratic Party that ultimately will get reabsorbed into the Democratic Party as per the obligatory falsely dichotomous two party system, sort of like an anti-Tea Party that re-rails the Democrats in the opposite respect that the Tea Party has derailed the Republicans.

2. rafterman says:

never heard of her.

3. stillcantfightthedite says:

Just listened to the first podcast, and it was wonderful!  I had no idea that they had originally planned to set a maximum number of constituents per representative in the first amendment to the constitution.  I’m going to queue up the next podcast immediately.

4. terrycarroll says:

The “Democrat Party” construction is akin to using “Jew” rather than “Jewish,” or “China” rather than “Chinese,” when modifying a noun. The words “Democrat,” “Jew,” and “China” are perfectly fine nouns; but when used as adjectives they are simply slurs.

5. timquinn says:

It’s traditional in the arts to adopt the worst thing any critic says about you as the name of your movement. Cubist, Fauve, Impressionist, Punk for that matter, all started as insults. The attitude is “That is what you call what I do/am and I am proud of what I do/am, therefore you can call me that all day.” I think there are examples of this in other areas as well.

Own it, defuse it, turn it around, mental judo if you will.

6. Atleast one employee figured out what NPR stands for: Now Pandering to Republicans