In case you were curious about Bryan Fuller's updated Munsters series, Mockingbird Lane -- and you might be, because Eddie Izzard is in it -- you will get the chance to watch the pilot this Friday, October 26 at 8:00 PM EST on NBC. It's being sold as a one-shot Halloween special until the network decides whether or not this thing might stick. Until then, it's pretty much in limbo. But hey, it's nice of NBC to give this new show a shot! By the way, Community is still off the air. That was supposed to come back last week, but it was bumped. Indefinitely. Yup. Still. (via Nerd Bastards)

12 Responses to “NBC will air the pilot of its Munsters remake, Mockingbird Lane as a Halloween special”

1. ehdubkay says:

MTV’s The State was given a Halloween Special on CBS once, and then promptly shown the door.

2. legotech says:

Yes Eddie Izzard is in it, but so is Jerry O’Connell. Sliders was the last time he was worth watching, and that’s only because I didn’t realize he only had the one character that he could play.

3. Guest says:

If somebody’s looking for me, i’ll be down in the lab watching that.

4. Daedalus says:

You know what’s streets ahead of Another Remake, right?

5. unit_1421 says:

I wish they’d gone with the classic Universal monsters look for the Herman, Grandpa and Lily. I hope they didn’t give them too much of a financial make over, since seeing the Munsters try to make sense of a blue collar world was part of its charm. I could see Herman at a protest over the closure of a hospital going “These people deserve good jobs, and I need the spare parts!”

6. big ryan says:

jerry oconnell as herman munster? i think i need to be on suicide watch for awhile

7. Boundegar says:

See, The Munsters was never anything but a cheap ripoff of The Addams Family, without any of Charles Addams’ wit and charm.  The best thing they ever gave us was Paul Ryan.

But they can’t do a remake of the Addams Family, because they already made that.  Running so low on 60s shit to cash in on.  Studio executives may be forced to start making Reality TV: The Movie.  Or, if all else fails, start producing original material.

8. Dlo Burns says:

{‘Munsters Remake’} oh FFS what is with these people? {‘Eddie Izzard is in it’} –oh? I’ll definitely go out of my way if he’s
     COVERED IN BEES

9. I recommended casting Fred Gwynn as the new Herman Munster, but they ignored me. I have no sympathy.