UK record industry demands expansion of the Great Firewall of Britain

11 Responses to “UK record industry demands expansion of the Great Firewall of Britain”

1. rachel ten bruggencate says:

I prefer ‘Hadrian’s Firewall’, myself.

• Peppermint says:

Dammit

What is it with everyone saying EXACTLY what I wanted to say before me? ;___;

(And I was so proud to have come up with that on my own, too!)

Also, yes, Hadrian’s firewall is an awesome expression :D

2. Ender Wiggin says:

every site they block creates more users who stop being low hanging fruit, and learn how to take action to safeguard their connection.  Every site they down creates new uploaders from legions of pissed off leechers who realize that someone has to act..why not them?    Every action they take creates more of us who aren’t interested in their next pissant attempt to take their buggy whip making digital…. we don’t want peace, we want to dance on the graves of the gatekeepers.

3. politeruin says:

TPB isn’t quite blocked on a national level though (for now anyway), only by the big six. I can still access it myself, for now anyway! If the BPI are happy in their little box believing there is a significant impact on traffic then let them i say, meanwhile anyone who wants to can go through a proxy.

4. Diviney says:

Never heard of “the Pirate Party UK proxy for it”, but it seems the site is blocked here in Aussie land…

5. Boundegar says:

If they succeed, how long will it be before the government blocks negative reviews of CDs by RIAA members?

6. niktemadur says:

I’d never heard of the three torrent sites named by the BPI before, but they sound interesting.

Fenopy and Kickass have been around for years, sounds like you don’t torrent much.
    But there’s still bigger ones, weird that they singled out those three only.

7. Graham Cox says:

I’ve just recently started reading Pirate Cinema, by Cory Doctorow. It is scary how close to reality this book is becoming now.

8. IMO it’s only question of time before someone will build a router firmware based on dd-wrt or similar which will use p2p and Tor to detect censorship and transparently route around it using Tor or VPN.