13 Responses to “Carl Sagan's Cosmos: The Meat Planet (with pork volcano)”

1. My quest to see all the Internet is now complete. /signs off

• Peter says:

I felt that way when I discovered the “Leonard Nimoy Should Eat More Salsa Foundation” (now, sadly, defunct, it seems).

But there’s always more.

2. cellocgw says:

Pork … or moles?   what-if.xkcd.com

3. Chesterfield says:

It’s how I’ve always imagined Kolob to be. Even the spaceship looks very LDS-ish.

4. PinkWithIndignation says:

Is that his voice?

5. I’m there, if only to gorge myself on burgers and bacon without having to hear someone cluck disapprovingly and say, “Meat Is Murder.”

• anansi133 says:

yeah, my mind went there too. The idea of a meat planet wouldn’t be so funny without the fundamentalists vegetarians on this planet.

if there was a lobby out there urging us all to eat *less* meat, and smaller animals (rather than no meat, no animals) the whole concept of going vegetarian or vegan would seem less alien somehow. Harm Reduction instead of War on Whatever.

• travtastic says:

It must be so difficult and lonely for you to be someone who eats meat.

Do you have any advice on how to deal with the constant depression and ostracism?

6. I was slightly appalled by the notion that carl sagan would attribute a celestial body to a god.  But then I just forgot as the giggles took me out amongst the stars.

7. KanedaJones says:

smaller animals make a difference?  So when I say, decide to mug someone I should pick the shorter person too?

although I think vegetarians would hate to admit it you can get by with choosing the uglier ones as well as the more threatening.  Cows not fighting back just make them feel guilty