TAGS:

9 Responses to “Run Wrake, animator of dark and imaginative award-winning short films, dead of cancer at 47”

1. tember2 says:

Glorious. I feel sad I hadn’t seen it earlier. Thanks for posting.

2. Bemopolis says:

Goddammitt, I loved this short.  Screw you, cancer.

3. JamesDondi says:

Liquid Television introduced me to Run Wrake way back in the early 90s. I love his short “Anyway” and highly recommend checking out:

Condolences to his family and loved ones.

4. dr.hypercube says:

Fuck. He was a genius – rabbit is one of the best pieces of animation I’ve ever seen.

5. Jorpho says:

I remember that one from Hertzfeldt and Judge’s “The Animation Show” back in 2007.  (A darn shame they discontinued that program; you might be able to find the DVD if you’re lucky.)  Of course I had forgotten the name entirely and was starting to doubt if I would ever find it again.  Pity it couldn’t be under better circumstances.

6. shane walter says:

It is devastating news of the passing of the great Run Wrake. He sadly leaves behind a young and loving family and a unique legacy of masterful work with a trail of inspiration for many around the world. His work across animation, visuals, illustration and design will never be forgotten and surely never matched. It was a pleasure with onedotzero to show his projects, commission his work, feature him in the motion blur book and drink in his company. From the onedotzero, animation and design communities we thank you for sharing your work, wit, talent and distinctive way of looking at the world Run. You will always be a true original.

7. ted mills says:

Don’t forget his mindbending video for Howie B: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcapXGSdpKw

8. tom hadley says:

Absolutely gutted to hear of Run’s death. He was one of the few that deserved the epithet “genius.” I for one will miss his dark and witty talent.