Advertisement Statefarmbug

Friday Freak-Out: Seals & Crofts perform "Summer Breeze" (1973)

Friday Freak-Out: Seals & Crofts perform "Summer Breeze" on Midnight Special, 1973. And if you dig that, you will likely love (or absolutely despise) the new tune "Apocalypse Troll" from Eternal Tapestry's forthcoming album "A World Out Of Time." (Thanks, Patrick Kelly!)

11 Responses to “Friday Freak-Out: Seals & Crofts perform "Summer Breeze" (1973)”

1. ryane says:

I prefer Peter Steele’s vocals on the Type-O Negative cover.

2. hanoverfiste says:

I really liked this remixed version that featured in a GAP commercial for Summer Tanks
    This version was remixed by Philip Steir and Ramin Sakurai in 2004 as part of “What Is Hip? Remix Project Volume One.”  I actually didn’t know their was full mix or who did it until 5 minutes ago.  Thanks for helping me with unfinished business!

3. flyoverland says:

In ’73, I was working at the Mississippi River Festival. After their concert they sent word around they were having a “party” in their dressing room and all the staff/volunteers were invited. Now, being used to the usual spoiled rock stars, this was a change. So, I go along with around 75 others and sure enough in comes the two stars who start to do a proselytization for the B’hai religion. I raised my hand and asked, “is there going to be beer at this party?” They said no and everyone left. They were good, though.

4. Slartibartfatsdomino says:

Jackie Mittoo’s Summer Breeze is pretty nice.

5. tylerdurden says:

Sorry, Main Ingredient takes the prize. Doesn’t get any breezier than this.

6. hawkd_sf says:

As a pretty dweeby 13 yr-old in ’73, I LOVED them!  I’m not quite getting the ‘freak out’ element of this though?  I was expecting some, “Whoa!”-inducing psychedelia…  My funny story (particularly given this post’s proximity to the 1977 Halloween ad) is that my very first “rock concert” was Seals & Crofts at the Kiel Auditorium in St. Louis.  Opening act:  Ted Nugent and the Amboy Dukes…  (sound cognitive dissonance alarm)  Maybe that tour is what radicalized Ted into insanity.  Tickets for that most-bizarre double-bill:  $4.50, $5.50 and $6.50…

7. timquinn says:

2 wrongs etc

8. Paul Cooke says:

ah yes… unplugged before it became a marketing move…