Mark Frauenfelder is the founder of Boing Boing and the editor-in-chief of MAKE and Cool Tools. Twitter: @frauenfelder. His new book is Maker Dad: Lunch Box Guitars, Antigravity Jars, and 22 Other Incredibly Cool Father-Daughter DIY Projects

TAGS:

9 Responses to “Plasma Orb marble maze game for iOS”

1. waetherman says:

Reminds me of Marble Madness, one of my favorite arcade games of all time.

Tangent: I’d love to see Mulg II remade for iOS. That game was really one of the best for Palm OS.

2. vonbobo says:

Agreed- the rolling ball dynamics look exactly like Marble Madness- a great game played on my beloved Amiga!

3. Lobster says:

Dee dee dee doooo doo doo doooo doo doo doooo doooo doo doo dee doooo.  Duh duh duuuh.

4. Michael says:

I played Switchball on the PS3 and more attention was given to the quality of the graphics for that game. Most notably, the ball in Switchball actually casts a shadow and it appears to be a part of the physical environment. Watching the trailer for Plasma Orb, the ball often appears to be hovering above the ground which diminishes the quality of the illusion. An example of the difference is available here.

Unfortunately, I had to quit Switchball without finishing it. The gameplay became more difficult with each level and the PS3 controller was too sensitive. The ball could not be maneuvered in the increasingly small spaces and platforms.

5. semiotix says:

Hey, man. Life is an infrequent mild simulated gamble.

6. Boundegar says:

Wait, is this a mod for Minecraft?

7. Daemonworks says:

Ah, the newest electronic adaption of the old Labyrinth board game.

8. Britt Lindley says:

Too bad there isn’t an Android version. Which, coincidentally, I don’t understand. Why would a game developer only release on a single mobile platform? Not to mention releasing on a platform that only accounts for 25% of the mobile market…