Steampunk clockmaker Roger Wood among his creations

Stephen sez, "Masterful gadget-maker Roger Wood poses alongside some of his whimsical clock creations at his Hamilton-based workshop and steampunk emporium, Klockwerks. When he came out in his goggles and steampunk kit, I told him, 'You look so much like an inventor.' He answered, 'I AM an inventor.'"

Roger was my neighbour for a decade, and his workshop was always a wonderland. I haven't been to his new place in Hamilton, but if this picture is any indication, it's every bit as wonderful.

Steampunk Thing-Maker Roger Wood and Assorted Klockwerks (Thanks, Stephen!)

8 Responses to “Steampunk clockmaker Roger Wood among his creations”

1. Henry Pootel says:

I am, I suppose, not the only one who stared intently at that image on the main page trying to find him there among all the machines.

2. Rickenbacker4001 says:

I so love the cut of his jib…

3. Rich Keller says:

His things are really a lot of fun and I’ve always gotten a big kick out of how he used a can of “SOUPE” for scale.

4. sockdoll says:

How many of the clocks pictured are actually steam-powered? I hope at least one of them, that would be so cool.

5. habbi1974 says:

er… clockmaker? overstatement much…? unless he really create the real working mechanism… I can see only clocks on wheels and some gears slapped on…

6. lovelystrangeness says:

Isn’t a steampunk clock just a clock? I mean, steampunk is usually distinguished by brass and gears and intricate mechanisms… which clocks already have.

7. I believe Roger’s clocks do work, but steampunk isn’t always about making things that function. It’s a genre of fiction that often becomes three-dimensional. Part of what’s really neat about it is that a steampunk doesn’t have to be in a book or a movie. It can exist in an artefact, Maybe that’s what I mean — steampunk is fictional archaeology.