The San Jose Mercury News reported on a "fairy" who participated in a marijuana related robbery. "Police said at about 2 a.m. on Halloween, a woman in a fairy costume was let into the victim's house in the 2400 block of Center Road after asking to use the phone. The others followed her. After one of them pulled a handgun..."

15 Responses to “Fairies gone bad”

1. John Verne says:

Fairies wear boots, you gotta believe me.

2. Paul Renault says:

There’s a lot of that going around, from what I read.

“Headmistress attacked by goblin, found unconscious on her desk”

3. Bevatron Repairman says:

I’d like to see more fairy stories about the police on television!

4. Twasn’t none of the Gentry that would be wielding firearms, and them not able to bear the sight of iron!

5. Peter says:

And robbery’s just the beginning of the crime spree.  Do you know what else they’ve done?

They’ve killed Fritz! They’ve killed Fritz! Those lousy stinking yellow fairies! Those horrible atrocity-filled vermin! Those despicable animal warmongers! They’ve killed Fritz!

• Ashen Victor says:

Max! Max, I’m okay! I’m okay Max. Just a scratch. Look I’m all right.

• Peter says:

Oh. Oh, damn. There you go again, stepping on my lines, raining on my parade, costing me medals. Oh, damn.

*zap*

Ohh. Oh, Fritz? Fritz, get up for God’s sake! Get up!

They’ve killed Fritz! They’ve killed Fritz! Those lousy stinking yellow fairies! Those horrible atrocity-filled vermin! Take that! Take that! They killed Fritz!

6. Fey folk should stick to amanita muscaria and other types of psylocibin mushrooms.

7. BillStewart2012 says:

The sentence “Molly Ann Blumberg, accused of wearing a fairy costume during the Oct. 31 armed robbery and attack on the victim,” is such a reminder about the need for good editors for news articles.  (The article goes on to say what she was actually booked for, including armed robbery, etc., and “wearing a fairy costume” is not one of those crimes.)

• Ryan_T_H says:

Actually, I think the editor has it right. If you say “Molly Ann Blumberg, who was wearing a fairy costume during the alleged Oct. 31 armed robbery and attack on the victim” you are stating for a fact that she was present and what she was wearing. If it turns out to have been someone else then you are in trouble.

8. RJ says:

It took me a couple of seconds to reconcile Jason’s post. When I read “fairy,” I imagined a waifish young man in snappy clothes, beating the hell out of some guy and taking his weed.

Upon reflection, I think the story would have been better if it was a waifish young man rather than a trashy young woman. Because we all know trash is trash and there are never any deeper reasons behind the stupid stuff they do. But if it was a twinky little fairy guy doing all that, I’d have some questions.

9. RT says:

This was of course a lead in to the Christmas sequel to “Bad Santa” called what else, “bad fairy”

10. benher says:

Sigh. Ferngully used to be such a nice neighborhood..