Man run over by combine harvester, lives

15 Responses to “Man run over by combine harvester, lives”

1. rezmuff says:

“The man was taken to St. Vincent Healthcare with non-life-threatening injuries. O’Donnell said he had deep lacerations that may require skin grafting as well as stitches.”

2. Funk Daddy says:

Some nonlife-threatening lacerations places him between lucky and blessed

3. Boundegar says:

This would rank pretty high on the list of things not to do.

4. voiceinthedistance says:

Not being awakened by an approaching combine surpasses my definition of a deep sleep. I’d say that might be more accurately described as an alcohol induced cornfield coma.  The man, as well as the public, is quite lucky he didn’t wind up in a can of corn niblets.

5. LinkMan says:

I wish I could find a good link to some combine warning stickers.  The decals on those things are true works of stick man mutilation art, but I can’t find pictures of them anywhere.  Anybody?

6. traalfaz says:

Misleading headline – “run over by” is vastly different than “pulled into” combine.  Getting run over by a combine would suck but living through it probably not unusual especially if the ground is soft – the tires tend to be very large.  Getting pulled in is a way different affair – he’s lucky not to have lost limbs or bled to death – that’s the usual fate of people who argue with augers.

7. arsphenamine says:

Sounds like a harrowing experience.

(cough!)

8. Richard_Kirk says:

FIRST VOICE
    There is no known likeness of his father Esau,
    who, undogcollared because of his little weakness, was
    scythed to the bone one harvest by mistake when sleeping
    with his weakness in the corn. He lost all ambition and
    died, with one leg.

REV. ELI JENKINS
    Poor Dad,

SECOND VOICE
    grieves the Reverend Eli,

REV. ELI JENKINS
    to die of drink and agriculture.

9. Chuck says:

He must have thought that the Grim Reaper had upgraded from his regular scythe.

10. Sparg says:

What was the fool doing in the cornfield?  Great, now I’ve got Traffic’s “John Barleycorn Must Die” in my head.