12 Responses to “Mankind The Story of All of Us - series premiere tonight at 9/8c on History Channel”

1. Brainspore says:

Needs more ghosts.

2. Brian Sprague says:

I can’t wait to see how and when aliens and cryptozoology turn up in this one.

• Navin_Johnson says:

Hitler’s mummy meets the Mayan ancient astronaut?

Jokes aside, reviews make this sound a little more serious than their other offerings so I have to admit I’m a bit excited.

I’m impressed that they got Josh Brolin to narrate instead of Chumlee from Pawn Stars.

3. Sekino says:

Hey, it’s not about Hitler or the Mothman. I’m in!

4. Rossi says:

“The producers interviewed me for the show. It looks like it’s going to be a good series.”
    And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how cause and effect works.

• Mark_Frauenfelder says:

Ha ha! Touché, Rossi.

• ROSSINDETROIT says:

I’ve been saying this for years, Mark.  Children of the Ice Age is a very good book that proposes how climate change 2M years ago and the disappearance of Australopithecus’ habitat gifted us with long legs and dexterous hands as well as an urgent need to create shelter and weapons.  The argument hangs together pretty well.

5. Amphigorey says:

Mankind: the story of all of us (except womankind).

6. ROSSINDETROIT says:

Making stuff made mankind what it is.  Seriously, what defines Homo Sapiens better than our need and ability to survive and thrive through altering the things around us?  We’d just be another skinny branch of the primate tree, scampering from food source to food source one step ahead of the predators if we couldn’t shelter and protect ourselves by repurposing the materials of our environment.

7. Soon Lee says:

Humankind?

8. kbd says:

was real disappointed when this show was not about Mick Foley