Big Bang Theory "flash mob" surprise dance-number

The cast and crew of Big Bang Theory staged a surprise flash-mob choreographed dance production to "Call Me Maybe," surprising the show's execs and live audience. It's pretty amazing -- be sure and watch to the end for Sheldon's coda.

The Big Bang Theory Flash mob! (Thanks, Fipi Lele!)

22 Responses to “Big Bang Theory "flash mob" surprise dance-number”

1. bcsizemo says:

I love me some Big Bang Theory, but…how anticlimatic.

2. giantasterisk says:

Reminds me how much I love Community.

• Kevin Liston says:

Oh hahaha, you’re so much smarter than everyone else, yippy! I’ll give Community one last chance this next season, but anyone, even the biggest fan, knows last season was absolute trash.

I’d love to know how all the Big Bang Theory haters are going to deal with the fact that there’s clearly a live studio audience sitting there.

3. wildemar says:

Catchphrase!

4. welcomeabored says:

‘This one with feeling, guys, okay?  Here we go and…action!’  A gift from the show’s cast and crew to their live audience, that was really sweet them.

5. Kirby_G says:

Awww, Galecki and Parsons just sit on the couch and watch.  I can see Parsons staying the character schtick, but I kept looking for Galecki in the crowd.

• Jim Saul says:

He gets up late, but he does join in the back left.

Are the floor tapes for camera angles, or were those the marks for the dance routine?

On a related note, I went back and watched The Guild again recently and was delighted to realize the game master Kevinator who stormed into their guild hall was Simon Helberg, the actor who plays Wolowitz.

6. Christopher says:

As fun as this was I’m a little disappointed that the cast was in on it. It might have been difficult to keep the secret, but I think it would have been fantastic if the crew had quietly set all this up and surprised both the audience and the cast.

That would have made Kaley Cuoco’s “What’s going on?” even more interesting.

7. archanoid says:

Has The Big Bang Theory always been filmed before a live studio audience? I saw that they used a laugh track a while back. There was a thing online somewhere that showed a clip with and without the laugh track. It made it painfully obvious that it wasn’t very funny and the laugh track was needed to help the viewer understand where the jokes were and when they were supposed to laugh.

I must investigate…

8. Daryl Fritz says:

Looks like CBS cut it short. Here’s the full 3-minute version:

• Logolepsy says:

Thank you. This explains the cast & crew position changes and Galecki’s reappearance from the right at the end of the short version.

• Paul Renault says:

Thanks!

As I was watching this, it occurred to me that this was surprisingly well-choreographed and performed by all the crew. And that routine might be BBT’s daily rajio taisō, and they just decided share it with the audience.

9. Jardine says:

Al Jolson does what now?

10. shawn feller says:

wow…i find that show even less attractive now. who watches that freak’n show?!?!? oh yea everyone…canned laughter, jokes coming from a mile away, bad stereo types and a blonde that peaked at 14 years old.