Pancakes that look like Hostess Cupcakes

9 Responses to “Pancakes that look like Hostess Cupcakes”

1. Paul Renault says:

Hand-making food to resemble faceless industrial product makes Paul sad.

2. Henry Pootel says:

I’d put the word “pancake” in quotes, not Hostess Cupcake

• David Pescovitz says:

OK, but you’d be mistaken. They are real pancakes but they are not real Hostess Cupcakes.

• GawainLavers says:

My heart just stopped looking at that.  I think Henry’s point is that chocolate syrup covered chocolate cakey-slabs are not quite anyone’s definition of “pancake”.

• Donald Petersen says:

Nor does that qualify as a Hostess Cupcake.  I like pancakes, and I like Hostess Cupcakes as much as any child of the 70s who rebelled against his great aunt’s “healthy alternative” carob creations, but this

I was a fan of anything and everything chocolate until a fateful April morning in 1980 when ten-year-old Donnie and his family visited Aunt Emma’s Pancakes next to the Fabulous 7 Motel in equally fabulous El Cajon, CA.  I discovered they had chocolate pancakes, with chocolate chips!  I enthusiastically ordered a stack, drowned it in maple syrup, ate about six bites, then gave up, swearing off chocolate of all types for the next week or more.  I eventually got over it, but I’ve never forgotten how nauseatingly rich and overwhelmingly chocolatey those pancakes were.  My gorge slightly rises just thinking about it, and since I just finished off a Six Dollar Memphis BBQ Burger from Carl’s Jr, I can’t afford that thought at all right now.

Can’t look again at the picture above, either.

3. homasapiens says:

I wish there were a pancake that looks like 60,00 working wages.

4. ericka abraham says:

I absolutely love chocolate, but that thing looks fudging disgusting.