I write books. My latest is a YA science fiction novel called Homeland (it's the sequel to Little Brother). More books: Rapture of the Nerds (a novel, with Charlie Stross); With a Little Help (short stories); and The Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow (novella and nonfic). I speak all over the place and I tweet and tumble, too.

12 Responses to “Self-taught 15-y-o from Sierra Leone is a king-hell maker”

1. literaticat says:

That was fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

2. BlackPanda says:

Definitely. Very inspiring. Go, Africa! :)

3. dolo54 says:

Awesome! thanks.

4. steve heath says:

Please follow this kid and let us know if we can contribute to his education or other needs. He is a treasure for humanity and best of all he still has the look of a boy just starting to sense his potential as a man. What beauty! Thanks for letting us know about Kelvin….and to his Mom and Dad, Good Job!

5. Nadreck says:

This could end very badly.  Remember what happened when they found that young, self-taught robotics expert up in the hills of Latveria and offered him a scholarship at State U?

• steve heath says:

I’m not aware of this, could you give some info or links please. Its a sad world when the desire to help is met with stories of how it’s a bad idea to try give someone an opportunity

• Mariana says:

cf. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Doom

• steve heath says:

Aww  shit . Thats what I get for only reading the underground comics and ignoring Marvel. (BTW, The Checkered Demon could kick Dr.D’s ass any time, any day.) Well, that silly business aside I doubt the little that I could afford would do much toward funding another Dr. Doom. Still it would be nice to finance this kid getting some supplies, tools or books.

6. Cowicide says:

I shouldn’t have started chopping onions near the end of the video, it made my eyes tear up.