KaomojiApp makes crazy text emoticons easy \(☆o◎)/

19 Responses to “KaomojiApp makes crazy text emoticons easy \(☆o◎)/”

1. Paul Renault says:

Back in the day, we typed emoticons ourselves.  And we liked it.

(I really was going to post a comment about how Mac users can’t figure out how to do this themselves, so they need an app to do it for them, but I decided not to.)

2. Omar Kooheji says:

Anyone know of a Windows Equivalent?

3. franko says:

this makes me insanely happy { > ◡ < }

4. Shay Guy says:

Does it have /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\? (And if so, is it under the “Evil, Plotting or Sneaky” section?)

5. xzzy says:

Goddamn you have a cluttered menu  bar.

It’s the mac equivalent of that screenshot of IE that’s been stuffed to the gills with search bars.

• penguinchris says:

┗┃・ ■ ・┃┛
      I don’t really think so. It’s otherwise-unused space, and the icons are small and unobtrusive – and are useful.
      (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
      Attached is an image of my menu bar icons; they all do something useful for me.
      ー( ̄~ ̄)ξ
      This one is in the “smug” category which I suppose is appropriate for us mac users ;)

• Dean Putney says:

You also either very rarely use the icons, or access them via a keyboard shortcut. It’s basically a good way to represent a background process.

• penguinchris says:

Yep – and so much better than the Windows version, the endless ugly icons on the bottom right (if they even do that anymore), none of which you actually want there.

6. noah django says:

I just copypaste the ones I like into a TextEdit file, then cmd+tab, select, cmd+tab, paste.  seems to accomplish the same thing?
    【ツ】

7. TheKaz1969 says:

What?!? No “boobies” section?!?

I’m, uh… a big fan of, uh, birds… >ahem<

8. greggman says:

Or you could just switch to “Line” like most of Japan has.

No I don’t work for line. But I’m in Japan and to communicate with friends they all use Line. It’s so popular there are stuff dolls Inthe stores and arcades for the emoticons from Line

9. 2gigabyte Japanese kaomoji has been quite a powerful communication tool. I tend to like pretty much anything using -> ω

As mentioned above, LINE by Naver looks to me kinda next generation of it. (i don’t mean that kaomoji is not fun/cool anymore)

10. Jeremy Wilson says: