Boom Tee: monstrous science fiction tee from Singularity & Co

16 Responses to “Boom Tee: monstrous science fiction tee from Singularity & Co”

1. Chentzilla says:

Was trying to find similar pictures with Google (you may guess why), found that: http://zine.artcat.com/armory2008/upload/2008/03/Lie_to_me.jpg

2. sburns54 says:

What is she yelling? Or is that a big crazy open-mouthed kind of a smile? Can one person truly achieve ecstasy via a tee shirt design? I’ll get TWO, then! However, she seems similarly delirious with joy in the pic with the storm trooper…

• Rindan says:

Shhhh. Don’t try and analyze marketing. It will just make you end up hating humanity.

It is kind of funny how we just accept the marketing tropes we see often and then lolz when we see marketing from another country or time that has a different set of stupid. I cut the cable like a decade ago, and so as a result I see almost no TV commercials. Whenever I do end up watching TV because I am visiting my folks or something, the commercials feel as stupid as watching corny commercials from the 60s. We have not gotten better, we just learn to ignore how stupid the commercials are so long as they follow the common tropes.

The forced stupid mode we put our heads into is pretty easy to break for any reasonable sentient person. Just point out how stupid a commercial is and most people generally recognize how dumb it is and wince a little from that point on when the commercial comes on.

Similarly, because I do use the ‘tubes and see t-shirt advertising often enough, half naked woman making “OMG I AM HAVING CRAZY FUN!!!” face didn’t even register as unusual until some jerk pointed it out.

More on topic, I really dig the Star Trek t-shirt on that site, but probably not $28 + shipping worth of digging.

3. flappy says:

I’d be a little more comfortable if she put the shirt back on, please.

4. pjcamp says:

Tee? What? There’s a tee?

5. Scott Wetterschneider says:

The design is awesome, at it’s almost always a good idea to support indie designers and small companies.

Unfortunately, there are some ongoing simultaneous conversations regarding sexism in marketing, in game development, at Comic-Con, in publishing, in the Middle East, and basically in most aspects of our own nerdy, western culture. This is a general topic that comes up regularly on Boing Boing, right? It’s complicated.

6. rocketpjs says:

She looks terrified.  Perhaps she knows the t-shirt will not hide her from the tentacled horror that is just off-camera.

7. dmc10 says:

I don’t know why people are dissin’ her, I think she’s insanely cute.

8. snagglepuss says:

Why the hell don’t more of these businesses make shirts in 3X ? I’m 6’5”, 290 lbs, and 2X just don’t cut it. Do they just assume that all hipsters and nerds are the size of grade-school children ? Fuck.