15 Responses to “Plush Fin Fin virtual pet toy needed by distraught Boing Boing reader's grandson”

1. Henry Pootel says:

Have they contacted this seller to see if it comes with the plushy?

**edit** ah never mind that’s not the deluxe/fun pack version …

2. gsilas says:

This guy has one.

edit: page clearly last updated 2007, despite what it looks like.

3. edgore says:

Thanks so much for the help Cory!

I’ve already attempted contacting everyone I could find related in any way to Fin Fin on the interwebs – people with fan pages (including the one mentioned above), German Fin Fin forums, flickr users users with Fin Fin pictures – it’s actually kinda creepy.

All of the ones listed on ebay are software only or software with microphone, not the version with the doll.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

(also, that’s the last time I type something as long as that original message on my iPad, late at night, without glasses on – jeez typos!)

• cjporkchop says:

Have you considered hiring someone to custom-make a replica Fin Fin? I bet someone on Etsy could make a pretty good approximation.

Good luck!

• edgore says:

I thought of that, but there’s not a lot of good photo reference, and four year olds are *smart* when you lie to them you have to make it pretty convincing.

4. a1penguin says:

Check inside pillow cases.  My son lost his Plopper the Dog plushy and several days after failing to locate a replacement on the internet I found it stuffed all the way inside his pillow case.

• edgore says:

My assumption is that after I buy one for $6,000 dollars from an Australian collector I will notice the he’s sitting right on the couch.

Honest though, over the last few weeks I’ve torn the house apart, unmade and remade beds, looked under things with flashlights, questioned the dog, everything.

5. edgore says:

Thank you Boing Boing! A kind soul has contacted me with an offer of squeaking-plush-dolphin-bird-thing. Yay internet!

6. Andrew Pam says:

Heh – I’m an Australian collector who sadly only has the software-with-microphone edition.  I would totally have bought the one with the plush if I had seen one at the time!

7. mborus says:

@edgore – glad you found a finfin.

I was tempted to offer mine – but I’d much rather keep it :)

8. Tom says:

How about posting a photo of the reunion?  Now I need closure :-)

9. TokyoSpark says:

I live in Japan and… work for Fujitsu, so I’ll give it my best shot tracking one down for you.