MuchLoved: photos of long-suffering toys

10 Responses to “MuchLoved: photos of long-suffering toys”

1. Vadym Zakrevskyy says:

close the italics tag please! should be around MuchLoved (via Neatorama

2. welcomeabored says:

Jenny and her husband sleep with Brownie, and Brownie has never been washed?  Ewwwww.

3. John Lester says:

I see a bunch of text spam links in red text at the bottom of his website.  What’s up with that?

4. Itsumishi says:

Jenny is a thief, and Montgomery wants Bobo back!

5. As I was flipping through the pictures, I kept expecting to see a picture of Hobbes (from Calvin & Hobbes).

6. surreality says:

Absolutely precious. I have a 22-year-old baby blanket and a 12-year old teddy bear that belong in this collection… sadly had to stop sleeping with the blanket before it withered away completely. Might have to do that with the bear soon too, but they’re definitely staying in the bedroom!

7. Talia says:

Huh, I have a 30-year-old teddy bear that’d fit in with this set. Lots of bears represented – I guess everyone keeps theirs. :) Mine was just named ‘Teddy’ – like many others, I see as I page through the images.

8. Repurposed says:

I can imagine Brownie’s first words:

‘Please let me die’

9. justine says:

Great mash-up of art and curation! I can only hope that people thinking of donating to museums see this! Museums want meaningful things, not just things of “beauty”. Also…please do NOT clean your stuff…curators and conservators will thank you! Used objects, as is, with their history…tell stories that will touch us all!

This exhibit reminds me SO much of an exhibit a museum I worked at had…of toys…in the weeks running up to Christmas. All the toys were old and worn..beautifully so. We had kids who came back over and over…they talked to the toys in the exhibit cases…magic!

10. founddrama says:

There’s a book by Cheryl and Jeffrey Katz called “Dirty Wow Wow” that came out a couple years ago. Same kind of idea — really delightful little book. http://www.amazon.com/Dirty-Wow-Other-Love-Stories/dp/1580088325/