Some of our loyal readers may not yet be aware that we've launched Boing Boing's all-new Video page, where all of the videos we blog on Boing Boing are viewable in one ginormous grid of genuine genius.
Some recent picks:
* Chris Lee of Nashville, Tennessee wants to build a full-scale replica of the Millennium Falcon.
* Jazz legend Dave Brubeck passed away at the age of 91.
* 3 design students created "Pinokio," a kind of animatronic version of the adorable animated Pixar lamp
* Why did food and agribusiness chemical companies spend so much to defeat a GMO food-labeling measure?
* Do the animals understand that it's their birthday? How, precisely, does one celebrate an animal's birthday.
* Mark's jaw-droppingly professional unboxing video of Star Trek Federation: The First 150 Years.
* Amazing Insects: a short video featuring cute insects made from random junk, set to weird synth music.
Check it out!
Where are our petabyte drives? Brian Hayes takes us through the reasons storage is “stuck” in the low terabytes. The tl;dr is that we got such exceptional capacity growth in the late 90s and early 00s we don’t need much more right now, so the focus since then has been on SSDs, networking, interfaces, etc, […]
Amélie Lamont, a former staffer at website-hosting startup Squarespace, writes that she often found herself disregarded and disrespected by her colleagues. One comment in particular, though, set her reeling — and came to exemplify her experiences there.
In this episode of the Flash Forward podcast we travel to a future where humans have decided to eradicate the most dangerous animal on the planet: mosquitos. How would we do it? Is it even possible? And what are the consequences? Flash Forward: RSS | iTunes | Twitter | Facebook | Web | Patreon We […]
Some truths are universal. For one, your phone will always run out of power when you most need it. For another, the charging cords that come packaged with your Apple device will fray, split, and rip faster than Usain Bolt in a game of tag.Instead, pick up a charging cord that anyone would have a tough […]
Some people say magic tricks are nerdy and best left to your 12-year-old asthmatic cousin. But others see value in perfecting the slight of hand and showmanship associated with a perfectly executed routine. We’re firmly in the latter camp. And now, we’re giving you the ability to put a few parlor tricks up your sleeve with the Penguin […]
Bluetooth speakers may be convenient to use, but many of them just aren’t that powerful. Sure, it may be fine if you’re seated in front of the speaker. But move across the room, and you may strain to hear what’s coming from those tiny drivers.There’s a reason why the G-BOOM Wireless Bluetooth Boombox (now $79.99 in the Boing […]