Some of our loyal readers may not yet be aware that we've launched Boing Boing's all-new Video page, where all of the videos we blog on Boing Boing are viewable in one ginormous grid of genuine genius.
Some recent picks:
* Chris Lee of Nashville, Tennessee wants to build a full-scale replica of the Millennium Falcon.
* Jazz legend Dave Brubeck passed away at the age of 91.
* 3 design students created "Pinokio," a kind of animatronic version of the adorable animated Pixar lamp
* Why did food and agribusiness chemical companies spend so much to defeat a GMO food-labeling measure?
* Do the animals understand that it's their birthday? How, precisely, does one celebrate an animal's birthday.
* Mark's jaw-droppingly professional unboxing video of Star Trek Federation: The First 150 Years.
* Amazing Insects: a short video featuring cute insects made from random junk, set to weird synth music.
Check it out!
Coming after improvements to Firefox and continued unease at Google’s life-pervading insight, this image is outperforming the ███████ ████ Virality Control Group today (via). It got me thinking about all the promises that were made. Here’s the earliest article in Google News to contain “Big browser” in its headline, published by Time Magazine on Nov. […]
The WiFi232 is a traditional old-timey old-schooley Hayes-compatible 300-115200 baud modem, no wider than its own parallel DB25 port. Automatically responds with a customizable busy message when already in a call. The killer app seems to be using it to get internet onto ancient retro portables like the TRS-80 Model 102, but it’s been put […]
Most tech-media takes on the iPhone’s 10th anniversary are bland and self-congratulatory, but I like Tom Warren’s at The Verge. He laments how Apple’s pocket computer killed his inner nerd. As a youngster, he’d be constantly tearing down and building computers, even in the sweltering heat of summer. But now… …All of that tinkering and […]
Just because English has become the common global tongue doesn’t mean it’s the easiest language to write—even for native speakers. If you’re looking to improve your written communication skills, especially on your smartphone, take a look at Ginger Page.Ginger is a cross-platform app that offers corrections for phrasing as well as grammar. It’s powered by […]
The current web development landscape is rife with buzzwords and technology that gets abandoned almost as soon as it’s made. If you’ve never written a line of code before, it can be hard to figure out what’s coming, what’s here to stay, or how to get ahead.This Beginner Web Development Bundle is a great place […]
The Fader Stealth Quadcopter from TRNDlabs packs incredible flight performance into a package small enough to land on your phone screen, and it’s available now in the Boing Boing Store.The Fader’s six-axis gyroscope module gives it perfect balance in the air. This makes the onboard 720p HD camera all the better for shooting amazing flight […]