* Chris Lee of Nashville, Tennessee wants to build a full-scale replica of the Millennium Falcon.
* Jazz legend Dave Brubeck passed away at the age of 91.
* 3 design students created "Pinokio," a kind of animatronic version of the adorable animated Pixar lamp
* Why did food and agribusiness chemical companies spend so much to defeat a GMO food-labeling measure?
* Do the animals understand that it's their birthday? How, precisely, does one celebrate an animal's birthday.
* Mark's jaw-droppingly professional unboxing video of Star Trek Federation: The First 150 Years.
* Amazing Insects: a short video featuring cute insects made from random junk, set to weird synth music.
I asked Amy Parness, the co-founder of Sparkle Labs, maker of fantastic educational electronics kits, to write a Medium post about gender and the business of being a maker business person. Her terrific essay calls out the problems with “pink girly engineering kits.” From Medium:
Zero UI is the new term for “invisible interfaces”—what happens in the future when all the clicking and tapping and typing is history: “If you look at the history of computing, starting with the jacquard loom in 1801, humans have always had to interact with machines in a really abstract, complex way.” [Fast Company]
SitePoint Premium is the ultimate e-learning library for web developers, designers, and digital professionals. Famous for their web development books written by industry leaders, they’ve expanded their content library to include in-depth video courses and short, handy screencasts partnering with A Book Apart and UX Mastery. Whatever you want to achieve in your web career, […]
Skip the technical jargon and get right to taking amazing, professional-quality photos with this complete training. The Hollywood Art Institute Photography Course includes 22 modules filled with tutorials on how to profit off of your photography, or simply capture your memories in the manner they deserve.Accredited by the Photography Education Accreditation CouncilDive into this 22 […]
Power up your gadgets in the most unexpected places with the extremely compact SolarJuice battery pack. SolarJuice charges up at home like your average battery pack, but also lets you add extra juice on-the-go using its built-in solar panel—so you’ll never be left unplugged from the digital world.4.5 Stars on Amazon!Simultaneously charges 2 devices at […]