I Dream of Wires is a documentary now in production about the resurgence of modular synthesizers, restored classics from the 1960s and 1970s and new components. As with the early days of computers, the earliest synthesizers were mostly DIY affairs or commercial kits. I Dream Of Wires' directors recently visited the studio of BB pal Chris Carter who handbuilt many of the instruments for his pioneering musical groups Throbbing Gristle and Chris & Cosey. (via The Quietus)
- Exclusive: New track from ex-Throbbing Gristle's forthcoming Final ...
- Industrial music pioneer Chris Carter with gear, 1980 - Boing Boing
- Chris Carter's Tutti Box sound generator - Boing Boing
- Chris Carter's tribute to the BBC Radiophonic Workshop - Boing Boing
- Throbbing Gristle's Gristleizer audio effects unit - Boing Boing