John Hodgman on the coming apocalpyse

34 Responses to “John Hodgman on the coming apocalpyse”

1. It is a sad state of affairs that reasonably articulate people such as John Hodgman are seriously considering the end of the world on 21st Dec 2012. After 21st Dec John Hodgman will appear to be no different than Harold Camping. We should do our best to dismiss the preposterous theories of John Hodgman and others. Seriously! Please, a blood wave, a wave of blood! This is utter nonsense. I think John has been reading too much sci-fi, for example when he mentions “the ancient and unspeakable ones” this could be straight out of a novel instead of a realistic fear. I shake my head in utter dismay regarding the human race. THERE IS NOTHING TO FEAR! The world will not end!

2. Marja Erwin says:

Why should I take this seriously? Is he the Fifth co-Eagle of the Apocalypse? Is he one of the Lost Priesthood of the Rainmakers?

3. coiled embrace says:

Yes… John needs to be reading more science and assimilating more FACTS as to how the world really runs.

The world needs more humorless materialistic fundamentalists like you to legislate reality for poor schmucks like Hodgman.

4. Ashen Victor says:

“Mayonnaise is really good to get rid of urine stains… and you gonna need THAT!”

5. atteSmythe says:

dat kerning

6. Boundegar says:

I find it telling that he omitted the part about the daikon radishes.  If you didn’t subscribe, that alone could seal your fate.

7. Art says:

How to survive?
    Duck and Cover!
    And bring plenty of Ritz Crackers and peanut butter.

8. jimh says:

“Hodgman” is misspelled in the post title.

9. BarBarSeven says:

Hodman?

10. teapot says:

Even the Australian PM got in on this:

Oh, and Singularity Utopia: welcome to BoingBoing. Stick around and you might get it eventually.

PS: Does the singularity have to be so colourful?

• I doubt I will ever get the BoingBoing nonsense, besides I have more important things to do such as playing sarcastaball.

The Singularity can be any colour you want, or no color, just manipulate the hue and saturation.

11. Oddly, as John started to speak, I was imagining him as Higgins in a vastly improved remake of Magnum PI, where Higgins is the main character and Magnum the amusing sidekick.

12. Tommy says:

“This is the end, the end of the world
    For five thousand years you must surely have heard
    Nostradamus and Jesus and Buddah and Me
    We said it was coming and now wait and see”
    Bob geldof – The End of the World