Ian McKellen opens up about his years-long battle with prostate cancer

13 Responses to “Ian McKellen opens up about his years-long battle with prostate cancer”

1. oasisob1 says:

“It is really, really wonderful that in your old age you are protected by specialists who understand your problems and sort them out for you. Well, isn’t that what we all need?”

2. Dave Hill says:

I imagine that with an enlarged prostate, “You! Shall Not! Pass!” takes on a whole new meaning.

3.  Ian McKellen: great badass or GREATEST badass?

4. Scott Frazer says:

“he remains diligent and hopeful for his chances at a full and lengthy life”

I wish him all the best, but if he hasn’t had a full life yet, what the hell chance do I have? :-)

5. Lee Keeler says:

my dad just got diagnosed with prostate cancer, early stages. I’m feeling better about it and this has helped. thanks for posting.

• lishevita says:

My dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer about 3 years ago. He then went into high research mode and decided in the end to switch to an all vegan diet. His PSA numbers have improved and he’s still living and otherwise quite healthy. He’s become a raging fundamentalist evangelical vegan, though, which is a bit disconcerting. (I’ve teased him that he’s become a China Study thumper.)

Here’s wishing your father well with or without massive changes in dietary “religion”. ;)

6. mocon says:

Fortunately, most men die *with* rather than *of* prostate cancer.

7. jimh says:

Here’s to many more years with Sir Ian around.
    Apologies for the poor video quality, but this is a favorite bit of mine from Extras (and it doesn’t have the annoying ads that eBaum’s has!)

8. This is being denied by his agent.   See here: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2012/12/ian-mckellen-does-not-have-prostate-cancer-agent-says/