We've recently launched a new Boing Boing video page with a grid of nothin' but videos: those we make ourselves, and those we find from around the web. What's new in our video archives? Let me tell you:
• A profile of Siobhan Meow, an artist and cat-hoarder who at one point kept 100 cats in her home, and paints with poop.
• A Mexican indie-pop band created what they claim is "the very first music video done entirely on Instagram."
• Virtual Magician Marco Tempest blows it out of the water with this augmented card routine recently posted at TED
• Burrito Bomber: an open source hardware-based drone that autonomously delivers Mexican food
• Chris Carter, who handbuilt instruments for Throbbing Gristle and Chris & Cosey, talks about DIY synthesizers.
• A homemade Syrian rebel tank whose main gun is directed with an off-brand video-game thumbstick/gamepad controller.
• A freshwater catfish stalks pigeons and beaches itself in order to gobble them up.
• “Lady Life Guards,” an "oddly racy newsreel" made around 1940 about female lifeguards on a beach in Brooklyn.
• The Gay Men's Chorus of Santa Monica covers Tom Lehrer's classic. Happy Chanukkah!
• DC Hardcore gods Bad Brains meet Charlie Brown and friends for a remixed heartwarming holiday classic.
• Yann Frisch, an amazing, young French magician, will boggle your mind.
Boing Boing: Video!
Looking for a tiny PC that still has space for a gaming-quality video card? SFF PC Cases is a remarkably detailed spreadsheet listing dozens of models, complete with cost, dimensions, volume and even important build tips. The very smallest are not practical for powerful builds, but the critical “Maximum GPU length” field is right there […]
Enjoy Michael Mullany’s review of the Gartner Hype Cycle, with all the things tech predictors got right and all the things they got wrong: “we’re terrible at making predictions.” Lesson 6: Some technologies keep receding into the future There are some notable technologies that recur on the Hype Cycle and every time they appear they […]
Why we secretly love our cords. Tamara Warren: There’s a certain security in the cord. It’s the idea of connection, perhaps even dating back to our days in the womb. … A battery, no matter how sophisticated, is fleeting. When we have our cords with us, we are in constant pursuit of power, even when […]
The Pry.Me Bottle Opener holds tens of thousands of times its own weight, and you can pick one up now from the Boing Boing Store.This remarkable keychain is considerably smaller than any of your keys, but don’t let that fool you: it can easily open any bottle, and could even tow a trailer full of […]
Guaranteeing your privacy online goes way beyond checking the “Do Not Track” option in your browser’s settings. To ensure that your internet activity is totally hidden from Internet Service Providers, advertisers, and other prying eyes, take a look at Windscribe’s VPN protection. It usually costs $7.50 per month, but you can get a 3-year subscription […]
This project management bundle will help you get organized and learn how to lead a team to success. You can pay what you want for these five courses when you pick them up from the Boing Boing Store.To help you become an invaluable asset for your company, this bundle includes a curated collection of professional […]