We've recently launched a new Boing Boing video page with a grid of nothin' but videos: those we make ourselves, and those we find from around the web. What's new in our video archives? Let me tell you:
• A profile of Siobhan Meow, an artist and cat-hoarder who at one point kept 100 cats in her home, and paints with poop.
• A Mexican indie-pop band created what they claim is "the very first music video done entirely on Instagram."
• Virtual Magician Marco Tempest blows it out of the water with this augmented card routine recently posted at TED
• Burrito Bomber: an open source hardware-based drone that autonomously delivers Mexican food
• Chris Carter, who handbuilt instruments for Throbbing Gristle and Chris & Cosey, talks about DIY synthesizers.
• A homemade Syrian rebel tank whose main gun is directed with an off-brand video-game thumbstick/gamepad controller.
• A freshwater catfish stalks pigeons and beaches itself in order to gobble them up.
• “Lady Life Guards,” an "oddly racy newsreel" made around 1940 about female lifeguards on a beach in Brooklyn.
• The Gay Men's Chorus of Santa Monica covers Tom Lehrer's classic. Happy Chanukkah!
• DC Hardcore gods Bad Brains meet Charlie Brown and friends for a remixed heartwarming holiday classic.
• Yann Frisch, an amazing, young French magician, will boggle your mind.
Boing Boing: Video!
It’s the end of an era, sort of: Fraunhofer IIS, the developers of the MP3 audio compression format, announced that they are ceasing their licensing program. In a blog post, spokesman Matthias Rose says that it’s had a good 20-year run and is obsolete. But it’s also true that the decoding patents expired last year, […]
Freddy deBoer writes that he’s been telling the same joke for years about Silicon Valley’s only product, which might be universalized as “At last, a way to verb with nouns on the internet!” But the social-media techopoly is stable, now, and so the venture capitalists have moved on to the three terrible trends that will […]
Alex Wood is an addict but won’t give up his smartphone. But he has five strategies for limiting its control over him: “I used to wake up tired. My body would ache and my head felt sore, like waking up with a hangover. Finally, I took control, like attending an AA class for addicts, I […]
Loot Crate is a subscription service that delivers a box of curated pop culture goods to your doorstep. To sample their geeky wares, you can order a single mystery box exclusively from the Boing Boing Store.Each month Loot Crate sends you 6-7 unique items and apparel, including collectibles, books, and t-shirts. Pulling inspiration from all […]
Yes, yes there is. The ultraportable Twisty Glass Mini boasts all of the simplicity of its forebear, while fitting just a little bit better in your pocket.The Mini is perfect for casual smokers, and anyone who doesn’t have the patience or fine motor skill for rolling papers. This piece keeps the convenient design of its older […]
Learning to code is a perfect way to grow your technical sophistication, and open up a host of new career options. But since most “learn to code” initiatives focus heavily on web development, it can be tough to find good resources for general-purpose computer science outside of a 4-year degree program. To get a broad […]