We've recently launched a new Boing Boing video page with a grid of nothin' but videos: those we make ourselves, and those we find from around the web. What's new in our video archives? Let me tell you:
• A profile of Siobhan Meow, an artist and cat-hoarder who at one point kept 100 cats in her home, and paints with poop.
• A Mexican indie-pop band created what they claim is "the very first music video done entirely on Instagram."
• Virtual Magician Marco Tempest blows it out of the water with this augmented card routine recently posted at TED
• Burrito Bomber: an open source hardware-based drone that autonomously delivers Mexican food
• Chris Carter, who handbuilt instruments for Throbbing Gristle and Chris & Cosey, talks about DIY synthesizers.
• A homemade Syrian rebel tank whose main gun is directed with an off-brand video-game thumbstick/gamepad controller.
• A freshwater catfish stalks pigeons and beaches itself in order to gobble them up.
• “Lady Life Guards,” an "oddly racy newsreel" made around 1940 about female lifeguards on a beach in Brooklyn.
• The Gay Men's Chorus of Santa Monica covers Tom Lehrer's classic. Happy Chanukkah!
• DC Hardcore gods Bad Brains meet Charlie Brown and friends for a remixed heartwarming holiday classic.
• Yann Frisch, an amazing, young French magician, will boggle your mind.
Boing Boing: Video!
David Robinson used the data from the 28,657 people who self-selected to take the Stack Overflow survey to investigate the relationship between programmer pay and the conventions of using either tabs or spaces to mark indents, and found a persistent, significant correlation between using spaces and bringing home higher pay.
It’s the end of an era, sort of: Fraunhofer IIS, the developers of the MP3 audio compression format, announced that they are ceasing their licensing program. In a blog post, spokesman Matthias Rose says that it’s had a good 20-year run and is obsolete. But it’s also true that the decoding patents expired last year, […]
Freddy deBoer writes that he’s been telling the same joke for years about Silicon Valley’s only product, which might be universalized as “At last, a way to verb with nouns on the internet!” But the social-media techopoly is stable, now, and so the venture capitalists have moved on to the three terrible trends that will […]
The Bragi Dash Truly Wireless Smart Earphones are far more than your run of the mill Bluetooth earbuds. While the earpiece design makes these earbuds ideal for exercise and activity, and passive noise cancelling is conducive to a more serene listening experience, these buds go well beyond just playing music.First of all, they can actually […]
COGZ is a game where up to six players compete to see who can fix a mad scientist’s color-coded machine, and it’s currently available in the Boing Boing Store.In this Mensa-endorsed tabletop game, players take turns laying gear tiles to connect like-colored segments. Points are scored when complex paths are finished, but your unfinished arrangements […]