We've recently launched a new Boing Boing video page with a grid of nothin' but videos: those we make ourselves, and those we find from around the web. What's new in our video archives? Let me tell you:
• A profile of Siobhan Meow, an artist and cat-hoarder who at one point kept 100 cats in her home, and paints with poop.
• A Mexican indie-pop band created what they claim is "the very first music video done entirely on Instagram."
• Virtual Magician Marco Tempest blows it out of the water with this augmented card routine recently posted at TED
• Burrito Bomber: an open source hardware-based drone that autonomously delivers Mexican food
• Chris Carter, who handbuilt instruments for Throbbing Gristle and Chris & Cosey, talks about DIY synthesizers.
• A homemade Syrian rebel tank whose main gun is directed with an off-brand video-game thumbstick/gamepad controller.
• A freshwater catfish stalks pigeons and beaches itself in order to gobble them up.
• “Lady Life Guards,” an "oddly racy newsreel" made around 1940 about female lifeguards on a beach in Brooklyn.
• The Gay Men's Chorus of Santa Monica covers Tom Lehrer's classic. Happy Chanukkah!
• DC Hardcore gods Bad Brains meet Charlie Brown and friends for a remixed heartwarming holiday classic.
• Yann Frisch, an amazing, young French magician, will boggle your mind.
Boing Boing: Video!
Where are our petabyte drives? Brian Hayes takes us through the reasons storage is “stuck” in the low terabytes. The tl;dr is that we got such exceptional capacity growth in the late 90s and early 00s we don’t need much more right now, so the focus since then has been on SSDs, networking, interfaces, etc, […]
Amélie Lamont, a former staffer at website-hosting startup Squarespace, writes that she often found herself disregarded and disrespected by her colleagues. One comment in particular, though, set her reeling — and came to exemplify her experiences there.
In this episode of the Flash Forward podcast we travel to a future where humans have decided to eradicate the most dangerous animal on the planet: mosquitos. How would we do it? Is it even possible? And what are the consequences? Flash Forward: RSS | iTunes | Twitter | Facebook | Web | Patreon We […]
If you’ve got a killer app idea, but don’t have the technical expertise to pull it off, get a crash course in all things app development with the Comprehensive Android Development Bundle, now over 90% off in the Boing Boing Store. Across 83 hours of training, you’ll learn to develop for the world’s most popular mobile OS, mastering […]
Jared Sinclair developed the RSS reader app Unread, which made $10,000 in its first 24 hours on the iOS market. And we’ve all heard the story of Flappy Bird developer Dong Nguyen, whose creation was reportedly earning $50,000 a day at the height of its 2013 explosion. While those are rare examples, they’re also testament to the […]
If you or your company’s IT system are besieged by black hat cyber attacks, an ethical hacker might be all that stands between crippling damage and a company’s long-term prosperity. It’s no wonder that the market for IT security specialists is exploding. Certification is the key – so learn the tenets of ethical hacking and get […]