• Geminids Meteor shower: How to watch the big fireworks in the sky tonight.
• Pacific Rim official trailer: Guillermo del Toro does kaiju in Pacific Rim, coming next summer.
• Archer is pretty great.
• A former Beatle jamming with most of Nirvana.
• Beat-Bach-sing: beatboxing to Bach. Teenage pianist meets beatbox-cellist.
• A Wham! holiday classic remixed with an artist dancing erotically on cubes of melting butter.
• There's something funny about the Christmas lights display in Brighton.
• John Lennon, Yoko Ono, and Chuck Berry perform "Memphis" (1972).
• The late Ravi Shankar on the Dick Cavett show, with George Harrison of the Beatles.
• Gravity powered lights, cheaper than solar.
• Portlandia holiday preview video: "Vagina Pillows."
Neglected public payphones in New York City are being turned into “GuyFi” stations: a place where one can rub one out for the sake of “stress relief.” Annalee Newitz reports on the wank booths from a company named “Hot Octopus”… The company reported that at least 100 men used the booth on its opening day […]
You’d be forgiven for thinking the videocassette format long-dead, but it turns out that Betamax is still around. Sony is finally going to withdraw tapes from sale, bringing a 40-year story to an end. The last recorders were sold in 2002. ベータビデオカセットおよびマイクロMVカセットテープ出荷終了のお知らせ [Sony; via The Verge]
A leaked Comcast memo discloses that the company’s consumer data caps have nothing to do with network congestion, contrary to its public claims. The internet service provider has often complained (such as when lobbying against net neutrality) that it must impose limits on service to prevent network congestion. The argument suggests that these measures are […]
Remember back to the time when people thought java was just a hip way to talk about coffee? Or you vaguely remembered from geography class that it’s an island in the South Pacific? We’ve come a long way since then and now that we’ve rocket blasted into the tech future, you’re going to need to […]
Plastic is so 2013. You don’t want to buy something only to throw it away or lose it and barely care. You like nice things and want to hang onto them. The Plazmatic lighter here is a high quality, high tech alternative to the typical cheap, plastic lighter you get at the old gas station. […]
Real engineers build things. Super cool engineers build things with their hands and fingers, like our engineering forefathers did. No idea where to even begin to do that? This step by step Arduino course is now 92% off and is going to get you up and running, from zero to hero, in no time. So […]