• Geminids Meteor shower: How to watch the big fireworks in the sky tonight.
• Pacific Rim official trailer: Guillermo del Toro does kaiju in Pacific Rim, coming next summer.
• Archer is pretty great.
• A former Beatle jamming with most of Nirvana.
• Beat-Bach-sing: beatboxing to Bach. Teenage pianist meets beatbox-cellist.
• A Wham! holiday classic remixed with an artist dancing erotically on cubes of melting butter.
• There's something funny about the Christmas lights display in Brighton.
• John Lennon, Yoko Ono, and Chuck Berry perform "Memphis" (1972).
• The late Ravi Shankar on the Dick Cavett show, with George Harrison of the Beatles.
• Gravity powered lights, cheaper than solar.
• Portlandia holiday preview video: "Vagina Pillows."
Today a future without schools. Instead of gathering students into a room and teaching them, everybody learns on their own time, on tablets and guided by artificial intelligence. Flash Forward: RSS | iTunes | Twitter | Facebook | Web | Patreon | RedditIn this episode we talk to a computer scientist who developed an artificially […]
Where are our petabyte drives? Brian Hayes takes us through the reasons storage is “stuck” in the low terabytes. The tl;dr is that we got such exceptional capacity growth in the late 90s and early 00s we don’t need much more right now, so the focus since then has been on SSDs, networking, interfaces, etc, […]
Amélie Lamont, a former staffer at website-hosting startup Squarespace, writes that she often found herself disregarded and disrespected by her colleagues. One comment in particular, though, set her reeling — and came to exemplify her experiences there.
3D printers are hot, but they’re also pricey. While the prospect of cranking out everything we can dream up is enticing, cost is often one factor that keeps us from jumping onto the 3D printing train.Now, thanks to M3D, that doesn’t have to be the case. You can now get its flagship 3D printer–plus four reels of filaments–for just […]
It’s no secret that technology is changing the way we all work—but it’s also transforming the way we play. The games of today look nothing like those of 10 or even 20 years ago: these days it’s all about mobile and 3D. And now you can learn to design 3D mobile games with the Intro to Unity 3D Game […]
Earbuds are fine for casual listening while you work out or run errands. But when you really want to experience music as it was intended, nothing beats a serious set of noise-canceling, soundscape-enhancing headphones.The REMXD On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones offer high-quality sound with complete wireless connectivity — and at just $35.99, this rechargeable set won’t even cut into […]