We've gathered fresh video for you to surf and enjoy on the Boing Boing video page:
• Geminids Meteor shower: How to watch the big fireworks in the sky tonight.
• Pacific Rim official trailer: Guillermo del Toro does kaiju in Pacific Rim, coming next summer.
• Archer is pretty great.
• A former Beatle jamming with most of Nirvana.
• Beat-Bach-sing: beatboxing to Bach. Teenage pianist meets beatbox-cellist.
• A Wham! holiday classic remixed with an artist dancing erotically on cubes of melting butter.
• There's something funny about the Christmas lights display in Brighton.
• John Lennon, Yoko Ono, and Chuck Berry perform "Memphis" (1972).
• The late Ravi Shankar on the Dick Cavett show, with George Harrison of the Beatles.
• Gravity powered lights, cheaper than solar.
• Portlandia holiday preview video: "Vagina Pillows."
Boing Boing: Video!
Freddy deBoer writes that he’s been telling the same joke for years about Silicon Valley’s only product, which might be universalized as “At last, a way to verb with nouns on the internet!” But the social-media techopoly is stable, now, and so the venture capitalists have moved on to the three terrible trends that will […]
Alex Wood is an addict but won’t give up his smartphone. But he has five strategies for limiting its control over him: “I used to wake up tired. My body would ache and my head felt sore, like waking up with a hangover. Finally, I took control, like attending an AA class for addicts, I […]
We just got the Sport model of the EPIKGO hoverboard at my office. Besides being terribly chic, it’s apparently bulletproof.
Bamboo has lots of uses beyond just being panda food. Things like bikes, roads, scaffolding, and musical instruments are made from the fast-growing grass. But unless you are participating in a tropical-themed LARP, you probably wouldn’t want a shirt made from bamboo stalks. So why do bamboo bed sheets make any sense? Because yarn extracted from […]
If you want to work in tech, but don’t have any desire to code web apps to help businesses sell things to other business, you might want to consider a career in cybersecurity. Judging from the apparent complete infiltration of Russian hackers in American cyberspace, it seems fair to speculate that there’s a major shortage of […]
All moms are different. But all moms like getting flowers on Mother’s Day, and that’s a fact (not, however a fact we can document in any fashion.) Instead of getting chewed out for forgetting to call her on the second Sunday of May, you can take care of it ahead of time with Teleflora’s flower […]