• Geminids Meteor shower: How to watch the big fireworks in the sky tonight.
• Pacific Rim official trailer: Guillermo del Toro does kaiju in Pacific Rim, coming next summer.
• Archer is pretty great.
• A former Beatle jamming with most of Nirvana.
• Beat-Bach-sing: beatboxing to Bach. Teenage pianist meets beatbox-cellist.
• A Wham! holiday classic remixed with an artist dancing erotically on cubes of melting butter.
• There's something funny about the Christmas lights display in Brighton.
• John Lennon, Yoko Ono, and Chuck Berry perform "Memphis" (1972).
• The late Ravi Shankar on the Dick Cavett show, with George Harrison of the Beatles.
• Gravity powered lights, cheaper than solar.
• Portlandia holiday preview video: "Vagina Pillows."
Alex Wood is an addict but won’t give up his smartphone. But he has five strategies for limiting its control over him: “I used to wake up tired. My body would ache and my head felt sore, like waking up with a hangover. Finally, I took control, like attending an AA class for addicts, I […]
Ok, it’s not just solar powered. It’s also an anti-theft, waterproof marvel that keeps my phone’s power bar from ever getting into the red.Sure the idea seems obvious now – tuck a gigantic solar powered battery pack into an exposed slot and turn the wearer into a walking energy harvester. Simple maybe, but I didn’t […]
The Raspberry Pi Foundation has done outstanding work packing a fully capable desktop computer into a package the size of a deck cards—especially one that only costs $35. But if you already have a working laptop, why should you care? Oh, how much you have to learn. Besides operating well as a compact digital media hub, […]
Custom coffee vessels are the perfect piece of office flair, but it’s just a matter of time before your VOTE FOR PEDRO mug will start to lose its relevant wit. Why not have a new one every day, with whatever silly nonsense you want sticking off the sides? You can save big on your novelty […]
The Lightning port has thus far resisted the cruel fate that befell the headphone jack, and despite rumors that it may be disappearing come iPhone 8, for the present and foreseeable future, Lightning cables are a hot commodity for iPhone users. As such, we must make do in this strange time in which long, glorified […]