Seeking stylish gifts for the happy mutants in your life? American Apparel has moved way, WAY beyond t-shirts and hoodies. Here's a fine selection of sweatshop-free items from the USA's most colorful and comfortable vertically-integrated manufacturer, along with some classic products from other iconic brands:
• Casio Batteryless Solar Stainless Steel Digital Watch: A twenty-year old design that remains, er, timeless.
• Quilted Laptop Bag: Nylon, front pocket, 10 1/8" x 14 3/8," durable.
• Unisex Fisherman's Pullover: 100% cotton, choice of 21 (!) colors and patterns.
• Calf-High Memphis Sock: Inspired by the Memphis Design Movement of the 70's and 80's.
• Red Wing Chukka Boot: An American Heritage product, Red Wing Shoes have been handcrafted in the US for more than 100 years.
• Nylon Cordura® School Bag: Adjustable straps, choice of 29 (!) color ways.
• Unisex Cuffed Acrylic Lined Beanie: Available in 36 (!) colors and patterns
• Scrappies: Environmentally friendly stuffed animals featuring 100% recycled stuffing, and an exterior made from reclaimed neon fabrics that, ordinarily, would have been destined for landfills.