Samuel L. Jackson and Anne Hathaway face off: Whose movie is sadder?

Because "nothing says 'the holidays' like slaves and whores," Samuel L. Jackson and Anne Hathaway -- stars, respectively, of Django Unchained and Les Misérables -- have taken part in a joyous and spirited debate about whose movie this Oscar season is more depressing and bleak. (Language NSFW.) (via Funny or Die)

13 Responses to “Samuel L. Jackson and Anne Hathaway face off: Whose movie is sadder?”

1. oasisob1 says:

OK. Fuck. Kangol makes a Santa hat? FUUUUUUUCK! WANT!

2. OK, so that’s two of us that haven’t had hair since “Unbreakable”

3. Now THAT’s an effective PR stunt. I think it just sold me both movies.

4. Did i miss the part where this was supposed to be funny?

5. Nash Rambler says:

Let’s be honest; Sam Jackson is the better “angry” actor, while Anne Hathaway is the better “sad” actress.  It’s fun seeing them both working hard to not take themselves seriously.

• Christopher says:

Yes, but while it’s not surprising to hear Sam Jackson say “mother fucker”–in fact I think it’s in his contract that he has to say it in every movie–there’s something disconcerting about hearing such language from the girl from “The Princess Diaries”.

• xzzy says:

They should make a sequel to this skit where Jackson acts Hathaway acting Fantine, and Hathaway acts Jackson acting Django. Have the two characters bump into each other at a vending machine or something, see what happens.

6. Marya says:

I hope they weren’t paid for this crap,

7. MikeB says:

AutoPlay! Say it aint so!
    Wondered why my computer was whispering to me. Then tracked over to the BoingBoing tab…

8. SedanChair says:

…that depends on what kind of “sad” we’re talking about here

9. Stumpy says:

Stop the forking autoplay, Boing Boing!